Author Topic: added 8' to sprint 3000, new settings?  (Read 687 times)

Offline IntegriTees

added 8' to sprint 3000, new settings?
« on: May 16, 2019, 05:38:12 PM »
before, I had the chamber and one drone (8 ft of heat) and ran it 360 degrees for about 40 seconds through the dryer to cure my plastisol.  with 8 more feet of heat, can I lower the temp and still speed up the belt?

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
Re: added 8' to sprint 3000, new settings?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 09:05:08 PM »
16 foot of heat?  Thats awesome.

Have you used the donut probe that comes with the dryer?  That will be the best way to understand the heat in your dryer and the speeds you can get to.  But the short answer should be yes.

Are you running any low cure inks as well?
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline IntegriTees

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 09:16:12 AM »
I use the OneStroke .357 for my underbase and rio inks for colors which both are said to cure at 280.
Just got the install finished yesterday and we're spending today getting the shot cleaned up and ready for production week next week but I will send the donut probe through on Monday.

Looking to see if anyone else is using similar inks and heat/dryer and could share their settings.
Also, planning on moving to water base in the very near future.....hence needing the extra length of heat.

Online tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 06:34:02 PM »
It is mostly about heat and retention. Sounds like with 15 feet of heat you have it down. Heads up though. WB cure temps and retention will and must be adjusted when switching to a low cure plastisol for tri blends and such.

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2019, 07:45:22 PM »
I use the OneStroke .357 for my underbase and rio inks for colors which both are said to cure at 280.
Just got the install finished yesterday and we're spending today getting the shot cleaned up and ready for production week next week but I will send the donut probe through on Monday.

Looking to see if anyone else is using similar inks and heat/dryer and could share their settings.
Also, planning on moving to water base in the very near future.....hence needing the extra length of heat.

FYI - Rio cures even lower than that ;)
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.