Author Topic: refillable carts for my T3270  (Read 430 times)

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
refillable carts for my T3270
« on: June 03, 2019, 10:14:45 AM »
Hey All, I'm going to get a set of refillable carts so we can run cleaning solution in the CMYK carts, since we never use it for color. I've others mentioning using FilmDirectOnline, but they seem a bit pricey to me, as I really just want empty carts I can fill. They also seem to recommend 2 blacks, but using the epson photo black, not the matte, our films look fine. They seem a little thin, but they burn fine. (I go back to darkroom based films and chemistry, which were black as all get out.) InkOwl has some attractive prices with one time chips, as does InkPro2day. Is anyone familiar with either of these? We will continue on with a pigment based ink (like the Epson) since we have film stock for that instead of dye-based. Let me know as time allows, and thanks everybody.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: refillable carts for my T3270
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 10:36:04 AM »
I was going to suggest Cobra, but after a little investigation, I found they also not only only sell one time carts, but theirs are sublimation filled only. Apparently, the problems arise with the chips. The folks at Cobra tell me that the third party cart manufacturers generally go off of the European models, and because of that, they are often iffy for our versions. They had such a high failure rate, that the refillables were dropped.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2019, 11:03:46 AM »
At one time, when we running a 4800, we got empty carts, and pried the chips of the epson carts and attached them to the 3rd party carts, then I think we had a chip resetter as well, but that was then. I did see the "USA" chips thing while searching, so I will ask the 2 companies about that. Replacement chips are relatively cheap, and 700 ml is a long time here... Thanks, Frog, I hope you're having a good one.

Steve

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2019, 11:38:36 AM »
In case I worded my post poorly and could be misunderstood, Cobra still has dependable refillables for many other Epson models, just not this puppy.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2019, 12:01:22 PM »
I just spoke with InkOwl.com, and they take a few days to arrive, so I'll need to get a fresh set of Epson carts, damnit... but, empty set with funnels, etc. at $230.00, 700ml carts, when they run out, the chips need to be replaced at $20 a pop, pretty reasonable I think. And, the chips are the USA models, I was told they don't carry the others.

Steve