Author Topic: Pebeo Setacolor Fabric Paint  (Read 887 times)

Offline BartJY

• Verified/Junior
Pebeo Setacolor Fabric Paint
« on: July 04, 2019, 08:00:59 AM »
Hi Folks,

Had a minor disaster last night. The yellow Speedball ink that I used almost disappeared on the dark shirts that I printed last night. My wife says I should have used Pebo Setacolor fabric paint for better results. Has anyone used this ink/paint and what are your experiences with it?

Thanks
Bart

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: Pebeo Setacolor Fabric Paint
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 10:52:12 AM »
You probably want to contact a local screen print supplier rather than order from the craft or hobby lobby. You're paying a retail price for starters. You also get good guidance when ordering from a place that actually sells screen printing equipment and supplies. Some of the sales people are Techs and industry guru's that know exactly what you need.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 10:59:23 AM by Dottonedan »
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Pebeo Setacolor Fabric Paint
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2019, 11:22:29 AM »
Yep, as Dan says, you need a real supplier of real screen printing supplies.
Where did you get your emulsion? Is that the Speedball also? (if so, it's Diazo Sensitized stuff and does not benefit from the post exposing you asked about previously)
That said, even Speedball has instructions as well as instructional videos on their site https://www.speedballart.com/our-product-lines/speedball-printmaking/speedball-screen-printing/speedball-screen-printing-inks/speedball-fabric-screen-printing-inks/
They do bring up the issue of printing on darks, that require their specific line of Opaque inks.

Now, back to the supply issue. Though we welcome newbies, and today's hobbyists may well become tomorrow's large voluime shop owners, this forum pretty much is populated by folks doing this commercially. Hence, commercial level supplies are usually discussed. Though with the internet, one doesn't need to be limited specific brands and to local suppliers, but I do know of at least CMO in Quinton.

Now, back to basics, often, the first line of inquiry about technical issues with a specific product can be handled by the techs at the specific manufacturer. I know that Speedball takes technical inquiries via email, but perhaps their customer service phone can also direct you to them. 800-898-7224

Oh yeah, and even more basic, is to get and read the instructions on these products, LOL!
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?