Author Topic: Large run waterbase orders  (Read 3146 times)

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
Re: Large run waterbase orders
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2019, 09:17:36 AM »
Its not water-based ink anymore.. its solvent and all the rules of solvent printing apply.

Excellent way of putting it.
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2019, 05:23:53 PM »
One of our normal 1500 piece sim process designs.. this is the aftermath.

Required 4 people to run and maintain the press with constant ink pushing and adding new fresh ink. Screens in and approved by 9 am. No stopping for breaks or lunch. Screens out at 2:15 pm.

Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2019, 09:45:50 PM »
One of our normal 1500 piece sim process designs.. this is the aftermath.

Required 4 people to run and maintain the press with constant ink pushing and adding new fresh ink. Screens in and approved by 9 am. No stopping for breaks or lunch. Screens out at 2:15 pm.

Few things sadder than staying late to finish a complicated/big run, then realizing you now have to clean all of these things.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline IntegriTees

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2019, 10:26:45 AM »
Start small with white prints or 1-2 colors. Once you get it down, it’s easy.
The new killer base from Magna even allows you to print plastisol on top so you can train your operators on the best practices of one screen. And just the difference in the base creates a great hand.

Offline IntegriTees

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2019, 10:29:20 AM »
Also, and someone please correct me if I’m wrong because newish to the waterbase world, but you have to print the added screen with a dye migrator on blends. Adding another screen.

I don’t know if there is an hsa white that also has die migration properties in it...yet. I’ve heard one is in development now.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2019, 05:19:12 PM »
Also, and someone please correct me if I’m wrong because newish to the waterbase world, but you have to print the added screen with a dye migrator on blends. Adding another screen.

I don’t know if there is an hsa white that also has die migration properties in it...yet. I’ve heard one is in development now.

That's incorrect. We print without the blocker base all the time.
Night Owls

Offline IntegriTees

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2019, 08:35:36 AM »
I guess it depends on which color blend from which company.  I'm finding most of the colors that I'm printing in the 3001cvc  require a bleed blocker.

Offline lancasterprinthouse

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2019, 08:40:35 AM »
I guess it depends on which color blend from which company.  I'm finding most of the colors that I'm printing in the 3001cvc  require a bleed blocker.

I’ve only ever used a bleed blocker on 100% poly. I  add a low cure in my inks instead of a blocker. Most of the CVC shirts discharge very well though so I rarely use water based on them unless I’m in a rare scenario where they don’t discharge or I’m able to use low solids water based because the ink color is darker than the shirt color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2019, 08:50:52 AM »

I’ve only ever used a bleed blocker on 100% poly. I  add a low cure in my inks instead of a blocker. Most of the CVC shirts discharge very well though so I rarely use water based on them unless I’m in a rare scenario where they don’t discharge or I’m able to use low solids water based because the ink color is darker than the shirt color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

same with us. Every job we run, inks are built to cure at 280. if not lower.
Night Owls