Author Topic: Diamondback S Servo issue  (Read 511 times)

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
Diamondback S Servo issue
« on: June 19, 2019, 10:59:39 AM »
I noticed my press indexing a little funny when I was about to start printing today. Seems to be a little wobble when the press is indexing. So the table went up and then dropped directly on the fork. I can't get it loose. Service said I need to locate the manual table up button. Can anyone point me in the direction where that is located? And any insight as to why the servo is doing this would help as well!

Thanks!

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

Re: Diamondback S Servo issue
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2019, 11:57:49 AM »
I noticed my press indexing a little funny when I was about to start printing today. Seems to be a little wobble when the press is indexing. So the table went up and then dropped directly on the fork. I can't get it loose. Service said I need to locate the manual table up button. Can anyone point me in the direction where that is located? And any insight as to why the servo is doing this would help as well!

Thanks!

our gauntlets have a solenoid valve that leads to the lift cylinders...  in your case - follow the air hose from the lift cylinders to the solenoid valve, and using a tool (i use a small hex wrench) press the button near the electrical connector. the table should go up.  i would have an assistant to rotate the carousel to the desired location and then let go of the button.

i would check the bolts that hold the servo to the chassis and the bearings that go into the fork.  if all are okay M&R service might have some better advise - maybe the home offsets need adjusting.

ive done this when replacing lift cylinders but i didnt have to rotate the carousel to drop into the fork.

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
Re: Diamondback S Servo issue
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 12:14:22 PM »

Thanks!

our gauntlets have a solenoid valve that leads to the lift cylinders...  in your case - follow the air hose from the lift cylinders to the solenoid valve, and using a tool (i use a small hex wrench) press the button near the electrical connector. the table should go up.  i would have an assistant to rotate the carousel to the desired location and then let go of the button.

i would check the bolts that hold the servo to the chassis and the bearings that go into the fork.  if all are okay M&R service might have some better advise - maybe the home offsets need adjusting.

ive done this when replacing lift cylinders but i didnt have to rotate the carousel to drop into the fork.

Ah thank you. I got impatient so I ended up powering the machine off and using a 2x4 to lift the table up and the fork retracted automatically. The tech told me to power the machine down for 30 seconds and turn back on, which did the trick. No more wobble when it indexes, nice and smooth again. Not sure what caused that but I'm back up and running so that's all I care about for now!