Author Topic: Kara I-Image Ink  (Read 1060 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: Kara I-Image Ink
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2019, 10:59:04 AM »
Still on K ink and original head  as well. Roughly 5 years of service so far. I am not messing with something that is working.

we are also on the K ink and original heads (two head unit) since 2014

4 years and 10 months so far, no issues with the ink at all. 

i hope they don't discontinue the K ink - if its not broke, dont fix it.

If history repeats it'self, they will still offer all the other brands for those that feel the same way. The have always kept K ink after changing to a new type.

And this is a prime example. When I started with them, there were people using K ink for 4-5 years prior to my getting there in 2014. They too were using the same print heads and ink. Still, there were a few peppered in that could not get their ink to work with their environment or shop habits. (but actually, it was more so that they didn't want to or could not get into a better habit of keeping there environment up to par) "typically".  Infrequent maintenance, being rough with the machine an causing head strikes etc.  Head strikes were more rare tho, but they did happen.

So typically, you had 90% of people with no issues...and 10% that did, Of that 10%, half of of them post about it and this is what you read about and assume ALL wet ink is like this...but it's not even an ink thing, but an environment and maintenance thing.  The one new ink they made to fix other issues for some people did happen to cause (more) head drying or gumming. That's the one they replaced with T6. If 10% of the customers report issues with the ink that 10% is important and they will work on a revise dink that will include those 10% into the total that have no issues. That's the goal. Perfect ink. That's why the change, but you can still keep the old one that works for you.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 11:15:28 AM by Dottonedan »
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850