screen printing > Screen Making

Permanent Block Out Revisited

(1/3) > >>

kirkwad:
I looked through some past posts on here regarding permanent block out for screens to eliminate tape. It looks like it's been a few years since the topic has been discussed and I was wondering if anybody is successfully utilizing it to eliminate tape. We use 4" split tape currently & I've always wanted to eliminate all the labor, product cost & waste associated with taping the insides of screens.

So if anybody has opinions, upsides, downsides, complaints or anything to add on the subject, I'd greatly appreciate it.

T Shirt Farmer:
Tapeless shop for years, so happy to not dump crap tons of tape in the garbage let alone sucking up $6.00 rolls of tape.

rusty:
we just use a bigger scoop coater to take up as much of the frame as possible and then use cleanup cards to cover remains emulsion. no tape except for reg marks.

I don't like permanent blockout because ink gets stuck in the corner and I end spraying myself in the face when it kicks back. might be aq little extra work buts works for us and saves on tape.

jsheridan:
we were nothing but permanent blockout.. until we went to all waterbase. stuff finds it's way under, around, and through any little hole AND it was making a mess in cleanup room as we have to wash out the ink after printing, so were back to normal screens, wide coat with a piece of 3" tape.
Yeah it's trash but it's a necessary evil now.

ericheartsu:

--- Quote from: jsheridan on June 26, 2019, 05:49:07 PM ---we were nothing but permanent blockout.. until we went to all waterbase. stuff finds it's way under, around, and through any little hole AND it was making a mess in cleanup room as we have to wash out the ink after printing, so were back to normal screens, wide coat with a piece of 3" tape.
Yeah it's trash but it's a necessary evil now.

--- End quote ---

i hate it so much.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version