Author Topic: Coil Flash Dryer  (Read 529 times)

Offline BartJY

• Verified/Junior
Coil Flash Dryer
« on: July 02, 2019, 04:29:29 PM »
Hi Folks,

A friend gave me a coil flash dryer. Do I really need to get rid of it and get an inferred dryer?   :-\

Thanks
Bart

Offline Steve Harpold

Re: Coil Flash Dryer
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 07:37:05 PM »
Should you get rid of it? Can’t answer that.

What I can answer is that the coil flash dryer, quartz tubes, the sun, Calrods all produce “Infra Red it is a wave length” produced by many different sources. Simply put not scientific The more orange/non visible it is the longer the Wave length is, the more yellow white the shorter the wave length is however it is all still in the “Infra Red” spectrum.

Likely answer: no don’t get rid of your “Infra Red flash dryer” to buy another “Infra Red” flash dryer.
Unless: it is very uneven, which is unlikely but possible, put is 2 - 3 inches above the substrate on shirt  3 it will likely be even enough and not effect your ability to produce a quality garment.

Offline Prince Art

Re: Coil Flash Dryer
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2019, 09:45:44 AM »
The most important thing is: Does it do the job? And the single biggest concern is whether it flashes evenly. You don't want a situation where you're totally drying the ink is some spots while it's still wet in others! (I've experienced that. Not fun.) How close your coils are to each other may impact this. I'd say test it out, see what you can do with it. Foregoing that, post a pic, and we can speculate from afar based on what it looks like. Or someone who has used one like it will recognize it, and give you solid advice. But testing is usually the usually the best way to figure out how well something works!
Nice guys laugh last.