screen printing > General Screen Printing

Case study-ordering from two different suppliers.

(1/6) > >>

Rockers:
I have been handed the same situation twice within a period of 10 days. First I needed to get hold of some Murakami T9. I always order from Kevin at River City. He replies to my email pretty much right away and ships the same day too. Now this time he was out of 5gl pails so he offered me 5 single gallon pots at the same cost of a 5 gl pail. I didn`t even needed to ask him he just offered it right away, he even threw in 5 packs of Diazo for free.
Now a week later we wanted to try Kiwo PolyCol MultiTex. Emailed the ladies at Nazdar Source One. No fivers left in stock. Their best offer- buy 5 single gallon pots at the single gallon price and no we don`t discuss this any further with you. And oh by the way we are out of diazo  and it will take 10 days to re-stock. Shipping by the way is $45 to Florida. Kevin ships for free.
I guess Nazdar don`t really want my business.

mimosatexas:
Kevin really is exactly what any shop wants in a supplier. He has hooked me up so many times without me asking and is just generally always exceeding expectations as a standard. He also just communicates really well and isn't sales-y at all which is so refreshing.

ericheartsu:
just chiming in to gush even more on kevin and paige.

Rockers:
Just to make matters worse I found another email by Nazdar which I did not see late last night in which they told me that they are not shipping to my freight forwards address in Sarasota,FL because it`s just 4 hours away from Nazdar`s Florida warehouse.
I think customer service is not one of their main concerns. Such an arrogance is almost unheard of.

Obviously the easiest solution for me now is to fly from Japan to Florida and pick up that stuff at their warehouse then drop it off myself at my freight forwarders in Sarasota. Oh and yes at Nazdar they know my shop is outside the US.
Actually I found a better  option, I now ordered at Tech Support and got free shipping on top it all. Even managed to get some other supplies.

Maff:

--- Quote from: Rockers on July 10, 2019, 10:16:04 PM ---Just to make matters worse I found another email by Nazdar which I did not see late last night in which they told me that they are not shipping to my freight forwards address in Sarasota,FL because it`s just 4 hours away from Nazdar`s Florida warehouse.
I think customer service is not one of their main concerns. Such an arrogance is almost unheard of.

Obviously the easiest solution for me now is to fly from Japan to Florida and pick up that stuff at their warehouse then drop it off myself at my freight forwarders in Sarasota. Oh and yes at Nazdar they know my shop is outside the US.
Actually I found a better  option, I now ordered at Tech Support and got free shipping on top it all. Even managed to get some other supplies.

--- End quote ---

Yeah Tech Support also has great service and the free shipping they offer can really save some money. I order a few things from TS, even though Nazdar stocks it closer to me, I'd rather give my business to TS. There are a few items I have to order from Nazdar since they are the only ones that stock it. But they are a monster distributor and I don't think are too concerned with the smaller shops.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version