Author Topic: M&R Parts  (Read 758 times)

Offline gotshirtz001

M&R Parts
« on: July 09, 2019, 02:03:24 PM »
If y’all have never called M&R Parts dept, I’m pretty sure they have no idea about how the equipment even works.
Short of calling in with a part number, they always seem totally lost.

End rant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm flexible until I'm not

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: M&R Parts
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 02:18:55 PM »
If y’all have never called M&R Parts dept, I’m pretty sure they have no idea about how the equipment even works.
Short of calling in with a part number, they always seem totally lost.

End rant.

Is this just recently?
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline gotshirtz001

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 02:25:46 PM »
Update:
Though not always well informed, they can make up for it with diligence.

I was calling to ask about a price for a replacement spring block assembly for a Tri-Loc and it seemed like the call taker had zero idea what I was talking about and reiterated that they need a serial number. After a bit of roundy-round, the call taker was able to find what I needed but it just seems strange that a customer service rep would have so little idea about the product(s) being sold.

In the end, I got the info and am satisfied

Offline gotshirtz001

M&R Parts
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019, 02:29:00 PM »
Mods can delete this thread if improper; I just find that (in several fields) the customer often knows more than the person working the counter... and that just seems a bit backwards.

I must be getting old.
What in tarnation!!!

Offline Ross_S

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2019, 02:30:29 PM »
Did they transfer you to the parts department or did you just tell your problem to the secretary?

Offline gotshirtz001

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2019, 02:36:24 PM »
I was talking to parts.

It’s a whole different story when you ask for the technical service folks... they’re like Jesus alive.

I’m sure that parts dept call taker is an entry level spot and you are mostly taught how to access the database by serial number and keywords; but still... it’s nice when you can just describe what you want and the person knows how to get it.

Also, I searched for the part initially online but the assembly is miscategorized as a Challenger part rather than a Tri-Loc part so it doesn’t come up in a focused search. 

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2019, 02:53:50 PM »
Since Rich retired, not been the same! I sure do mis the care about the product and service/Parts!
Shane

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2019, 05:47:42 PM »
Most counter or part dept done know the parts, only whats on screen when they punch in a number, those days of a counter person knowing the equipment they sell parts for is over.  I use to work a part counter, but I also use to do the work that all those parts went to, didn't need a stock number.  Go to a auto parts store and very few have been mechanics or even wrenched on a car that work the counter now a days.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline gotshirtz001

M&R Parts
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2019, 09:16:05 PM »
Most counter or part dept done know the parts, only whats on screen when they punch in a number, those days of a counter person knowing the equipment they sell parts for is over.  I use to work a part counter, but I also use to do the work that all those parts went to, didn't need a stock number.  Go to a auto parts store and very few have been mechanics or even wrenched on a car that work the counter now a days.
Agreed. I worked in an old school speed shop (automotive) with a 40k ft warehouse full of stock and aftermarket parts. Welooked up parts in the OG catalog racks, we all worked on cars (ours or others) and were able to grab parts by description. I truly miss the days of the knowledgable counter staff.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 09:20:07 PM by gotshirtz001 »