Author Topic: Video camera system?  (Read 1123 times)

Offline IntegriTees

Video camera system?
« on: July 13, 2019, 08:18:34 PM »
Just got my 22 station Stryker installed and it’s a walk around. It also is 22 shirts that will get printed incorrectly if there is a string on the underbase screen.

I’m looking to put up a camera system that the operator can view. But it has to be up out of the heads and be able to zoom in a 14x14 inch area.

What is everyone else using?

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: Video camera system?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2019, 02:16:50 PM »
Excellent idea. One I doubt has not been done a lot, but I'd run with that. A camera shop of surveillance store might be a good start.  Wait, scratch the surveillance store. That footage is almost always blurry. LOL.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline IntegriTees

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2019, 02:28:16 PM »
yes, I was hoping someone on this board has done the same thing and could tell me what cameras worked well.
rather than me testing from the start and reinventing the wheel

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2019, 06:46:31 PM »
We have a old Swan analog system we've used for a while. For us it is just to see that the screens are flooding. The camera bases have magnets on them so they can be moved to the heads they are needed at.
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2019, 08:05:06 PM »
I’ve never seen a camera and screen that will show enough detail to see a thread.
If you have 2O stations might be better to think of a vacuum or glue under the screen with a roller to pick up threads.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline Admiral

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2019, 03:33:31 PM »
If you want easy setup, go with Ubiquiti UniFi cameras, that's what I setup in our shop.  For the detail from far away you would need their 4K camera which is kinda overpriced imo.  You could use different IP cameras with their system though.  You can view the cameras via mobile (tablet) app and view the camera you want, zoom in on the corner / part you want to see all very easily.

I setup the whole network (gateway, 10 switches, 7 APs, tons of Ethernet running, etc) in our 32K ft^2 facility over time and it doesn't get easier to manage and modify.

Offline Catnhat

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2019, 04:13:32 PM »
We have an old analog Defender system.  Once camera is mounted on the ceiling for 2 screens.  But like TCT said, it's mainly used to check ink levels/flooding and we have a camera at the end of the dryer to see when our basket is full, since it's rare we have a catcher.
If you got a few old cell phones/tablets laying around you could try the Alfred app.  (but I doubt you're gonna get the detail you want)
We got an old iPhone in the front and our counter/order person has the app on her phone or on an open browser window.  So when she's in the back/office she can see when someone comes in since she can't hear the door chime with machines running.

Offline Admiral

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2019, 02:40:55 PM »
One thing I didn't mention is we use security mirrors for viewing the ink levels.  Not movable but they get the job done in a couple key spots for the bigger presses.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2019, 04:07:19 PM »
Having a camera to see the stations is a very good idea, but let me punch a few holes in it, when your in high production and moving who's gonna look at the video? and catch lint, thread etc.  your printer is busy loading shirts and your unloader is busy taking shirts off a glance up at the vid might catch something once in a while but I think there main focus keeping the shirt straight and production running.  I thought I was being smart by putting a big mirror on the other side of our press so i could monitor inks etc, but found myself still missing stuff because i was so into loading shirts and checking prints before they hit the dryer.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!