screen printing > Ink and Chemicals

What are your stock ink colors/pms #'s? Doing a reboot with Rio.

(1/2) > >>

BrazosDesigns:
Hi all,

I have finally sold off / given away all the miscellaneous plastisol inks that I've accumulated and used over the past many years!!  I have settled on the Rio system and am now doing a reboot and building a new set of stock colors from this system before the new school year starts (busy season!).  This system has worked well for printing and PMS matching in the past, but it's time to use it exclusively and the low cure properties are a great bonus.

Would anyone be willing to share their stock ink colors with pms #'s?  With so many variations of different colors and such I'd appreciate some guidance from the pros. 

Also, if you have any other 'trendy' or regularly requests colors/pms I'd appreciate that, too!

Thank you!
Darren

Prince Art:
I don't have a list to share, but here's an idea if you don't get some good responses: Check the stock pre-mixed color lists from a few different ink mfrs. Compare that to what you typically print, and use those lists as a guide for putting together your own list of stock colors. I'll add that it is my experience that people want the most variety in the blue-teal-aqua spectrum. For spot color work, if people want "red," red 186c will work almost every time. But when it comes to blues, they want a LOT more options. (This somewhat corresponds to human visual sensitivity to colors. We supposedly are most sensitive to the green range - the transition from blue to yellow. But blue to aqua combined with blue dark to light is what we custom mix the most often.)

lancasterprinthouse:
I literally just did this same thing and I looked on a few other printers sites to get an idea of why colors I wanted. Tiny Fish Printing has a good list but was more colors than I wanted to initially offer. Great starting point though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrazosDesigns:
Thanks for the replies, and good info!   The tiny fish website has some good colors with hex and pms; I won't have that many stock, but a reference for future needs.

With the Rio I can pull up the formulas on IMS for the stock Epic colors, but there's no pms number.  So having a set of PMS #'s for stock (or close to stock) colors is very helpful.  It will also help me build a custom color pallette in Corel and illustrator.

Keep 'em coming!

lancasterprinthouse:

--- Quote from: BrazosDesigns on July 22, 2019, 07:44:07 PM ---Thanks for the replies, and good info!   The tiny fish website has some good colors with hex and pms; I won't have that many stock, but a reference for future needs.

With the Rio I can pull up the formulas on IMS for the stock Epic colors, but there's no pms number.  So having a set of PMS #'s for stock (or close to stock) colors is very helpful.  It will also help me build a custom color pallette in Corel and illustrator.

Keep 'em coming!

--- End quote ---

When I say I literally just did this, it was my Friday night project while drinking a few beers this weekend. Building a custom color palette in illustrator is next on my list.

Edit: if you find PMS colors for the Rio colors can you share? I would add those to my house colors.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version