Author Topic: Holy sh*t, I bought my first auto  (Read 2805 times)

Offline broadway

• !!!
Re: Holy sh*t, I bought my first auto
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2019, 12:08:01 PM »
Your next post will be "F*CK, I need a bigger dryer". I got a 2013 Dback 68 in my garage.

Offline T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2019, 02:07:39 PM »
Your next post will be "F*CK, I need a bigger dryer". I got a 2013 Dback 68 in my garage.
Ohh so true
Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.

Offline gotshirtz001

Holy sh*t, I bought my first auto
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2019, 06:50:43 AM »
Hahaahahahaa. Maybe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm flexible until I'm not

Offline BrazosDesigns

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2019, 08:06:31 PM »

I've thought about one of those in my garage.  What compressor/etc. do you use?  And how do you keep the neighbors from complaining?

Offline broadway

• !!!
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2019, 09:24:08 AM »
I got a Speedaire 80 gal, 5hp, 1 phase compressor and a Speedier Chiller all located in an insulated 8X12 tool shed 8 feet from the garage. All hoses run under ground. I live in a home business friendly town. New house just droped about 50 feet away. It is a muffled sound when running. No worse than a window ac. I do have a 12 inch exhaust fan running when it is on. Which is the first thing you will hear. I did put a spray can plastic cap taped  over the alarm beeping when a job is finished.

Offline stitches4815

• !!!
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2019, 01:48:16 PM »
So I’m intrigued.  One man side hustle shop - same here!   How big of a “shop” do you have?   I’m assuming you’re not still in the garage (as I am). 

Congrats!

Terry
http://www.AllegiantGraphics.com
https://www.Facebook.com/AllegiantGraphics
https://www.Instagram.com/AllegiantGraphics

Committed to a 900 ft commercial space last Aug and moved out of the garage in January. I have a sweet little M&R manual setup and was planning to get an auto in the next couple years. Was trying to decide if I should get the auto or a 4-head embroidery next. Knew that I wanted the 8/7 Diamondback then came across this auction and couldn’t pass it up.

I drive fire engines at the regular job and mostly provide duty gear for other depts and ambulance services.

The shop is really a place to keep my hobbies and hopefully pays for itself. I also plan to work on the Scout and do some other welding projects.

I built a robust L-shaped mezzanine for storage that effectively makes the place about 1300 sq ft of usable space.

I also buy other small shops, keep what I want and flip the rest.

#thehustle

I do the same thing you do, however, the side job isn't hobbie for me.  It is my second full time job.  Getting an auto was a game changer for us.  Congrats!

Offline gotshirtz001

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2019, 10:03:47 PM »
So I’m intrigued.  One man side hustle shop - same here!   How big of a “shop” do you have?   I’m assuming you’re not still in the garage (as I am). 

Congrats!

Terry
http://www.AllegiantGraphics.com
https://www.Facebook.com/AllegiantGraphics
https://www.Instagram.com/AllegiantGraphics

Committed to a 900 ft commercial space last Aug and moved out of the garage in January. I have a sweet little M&R manual setup and was planning to get an auto in the next couple years. Was trying to decide if I should get the auto or a 4-head embroidery next. Knew that I wanted the 8/7 Diamondback then came across this auction and couldn’t pass it up.

I drive fire engines at the regular job and mostly provide duty gear for other depts and ambulance services.

The shop is really a place to keep my hobbies and hopefully pays for itself. I also plan to work on the Scout and do some other welding projects.

I built a robust L-shaped mezzanine for storage that effectively makes the place about 1300 sq ft of usable space.

I also buy other small shops, keep what I want and flip the rest.

#thehustle

I do the same thing you do, however, the side job isn't hobbie for me.  It is my second full time job.  Getting an auto was a game changer for us.  Congrats!

Thanks!!!

Offline gotshirtz001

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2019, 10:04:37 PM »
Long drives start tomorrow

Offline gotshirtz001

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2019, 08:29:02 PM »
Aaaaaaand... installed

Offline BP

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2019, 06:44:32 AM »
Looks good.
SHIRT HAPPENS!

Offline broadway

• !!!
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2019, 10:07:11 AM »
I think your safety bars are in the wrong place. I would have the top bar flush with the front of pallet. That angle joint would poke my belly. I know a friend who removed his all together.
Peter

Offline gotshirtz001

Holy sh*t, I bought my first auto
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2019, 10:36:32 AM »
I think your safety bars are in the wrong place. I would have the top bar flush with the front of pallet. That angle joint would poke my belly. I know a friend who removed his all together.
Peter
Thanks. They’re tucked under just a bit and seems like they’ll work fine for now. They’ll be a helpful reminder until I learn how to stand then they’ll likely go away

« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 10:41:10 AM by gotshirtz001 »

Offline broadway

• !!!
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2019, 02:17:15 PM »
Peter
Thanks. They’re tucked under just a bit and seems like they’ll work fine for now. They’ll be a helpful reminder until I learn how to stand then they’ll likely go away

Just make sure hoods do not get hung up on them.

Offline TheInkJedi

• Verified/Junior
  • Ink Dept. for Coed Sportswear
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2019, 03:07:54 PM »
Peter

Trust and believe that it takes only one time getting clipped by a swinging auto board to know exactly how far those boards come out. It's good for you. Like sticking a fork in the electrical socket as a kid. LOL (Obviously joking here. Be safe.) 
"Each problem that I solved became a rule, which served afterwards to solve other problems." ~ Rene Descartes

Offline gotshirtz001

« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2019, 01:08:55 PM »
Peter

Trust and believe that it takes only one time getting clipped by a swinging auto board to know exactly how far those boards come out. It's good for you. Like sticking a fork in the electrical socket as a kid. LOL (Obviously joking here. Be safe.)
Hahaha. I believe