screen printing > Ink and Chemicals

Waterbased adhesive application

(1/3) > >>

ericheartsu:
What is the best way to apply pallet adhesive? Currently we are rolling it on with a foam roller, but it's causing some issues. I think it's putting down to much tac, and it's not evaporating correctly, and therefore not sticking for as long as it should.

I've seen alot of people use spreader cards, and I've tried that too, but it never seems consistent.

I've also tried putting multiple layers on, but again, i'm wondering if it's not consistent, is that causing problems.

Any insight?

mimosatexas:
i tried a bunch of ways.  the fastest, cleanest, and most consistent for us is a 32oz squeeze bottle, put on in a quick spiral, then using a test shirt to basically rub it around the platen for even coverage.  excess glue is soaked into the shirt, no lines or streaks, no dripping off of a card, etc.

another thing some of my guys swear by for extending the glue is putting the roller squeegee in head one with 100psi or so of pressure and basically pressing the shirt into the glue before it gets printed.  seems to almost double the life of the glue before it needs a quick refresh scrub.

BrazosDesigns:
I put the tac in a squirt bottle 1/2 full, fill rest with water, shake. 

For new tape, round 1: pour size of a quarter (or slightly more) of tac on pallet, use card to spread around, run under flash.  round 2: another size of quarter of tac, use a corner of a shirt that is wet (moist) and then spread it around, flash.  Good to go.

For renewing, run under flash, then use a squirt bottle of water and scrub brush to clean off, then flash, then do 'round 2' from above every other cleaning.  Hasn't let me down.

Now for hoodies, that's a different story......full strength, roller brush, and a beer.

Frog:
Eric, by "consistency", do you mean even distribution? Perhaps the addition of a little food color would help you to at least see what's going down. Brad likes the foaming colored bath tablets for this.  ;D

ericheartsu:

--- Quote from: Frog on July 28, 2019, 07:37:13 PM ---Eric, by "consistency", do you mean even distribution? Perhaps the addition of a little food color would help you to at least see what's going down. Brad likes the foaming colored bath tablets for this.  ;D

--- End quote ---

We've actually been putting in food dye coloring. it's really helpful in identifying where there ISN'T Adhesive. And truthfully, I think my guys are just not spreading it carefully enough.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version