screen printing > Ink and Chemicals

Wilflex red turning pinkish/orangish

(1/2) > >>

Doug S:
Ok, I've had this problem before.  Everytime I have a wilflex red over an underbase it turns vintage orange or reddish if it's stepped on.  I was using the equalizer system and switched to the rio system thinking that would make a difference.  Is there anyway to combat that other than making it the last color in the print order?  It's not just the red but that's the color I notice the most. 

Details:  I'm using quick white for the ub on a 225, and the top colors on 280's.  All of them have been coated 2/2 using murakami t9.  I'm printing an 8 color sim process on a 10 color sportsman so I don't have room for another flash.  I'm trying to avoid revolving on a 300 pc run but if I can't get this red right, I'll have to.

Colin:
All colors will thin out/lighten up when over printing an underbase.  This is because of how thin the ink layer is in relation to pigment load.  This is exacerbated when we print wet on wet.

The solution is to mix a deeper shade of that color and see if it meets expectations.  The same thing will happen with gold shades, the red will diminish, visually, when printed.  So increase the amount of red in the ink and it looks correct over the white plate, but not in the container.

Doug S:
Colin, thanks!  I'll remember that..  Just taking the time to ask goes a long ways.  Have a good one.

mimosatexas:
We try to print Reds last in the wet-on-wet order, just before the Flash.

tonypep:
I would look at the formula first. Reds are prone to shifting. Many ink companies that offer RFUs try to be a one size fits all but fact of the matter is they just don't always work on all substrates and applications.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version