Author Topic: Converting an Exposure unit  (Read 1843 times)

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Converting an Exposure unit
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2019, 10:15:32 AM »
@Frog, yes it is the quartz uv 1000 watt point with tubes, and Atlas couldn't get them and yes I found out I could get them by the case for around 1200 bucks from voltarc, I guess a case would last longer than I might live LOL.
@ Steve, your cool, you provided much updated info someone else can use in building there own led unit, but I think I'm going to change the ballast to a Fast start T8 and purchase the T8 bulbs which I can find almost anywhere.

Since the tubes are available, I find it a little irresponsible of Atlas to not make these available in reasonable, small quantities since they can get them by the case and help out a dozen or two owners of these older units. I suspect that I'm preaching to the choir with you though Darryl.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2019, 04:02:52 PM »
@Frog, yes it is the quartz uv 1000 watt point with tubes, and Atlas couldn't get them and yes I found out I could get them by the case for around 1200 bucks from voltarc, I guess a case would last longer than I might live LOL.
@ Steve, your cool, you provided much updated info someone else can use in building there own led unit, but I think I'm going to change the ballast to a Fast start T8 and purchase the T8 bulbs which I can find almost anywhere.

Hmmm, maybe Voltarc could give you a name of one of their customers that might stock them?

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline JonnyP

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2019, 04:47:45 PM »
There are folks making their own point source LED units to replace bulbs. I started to do this, but bought a Saati Pro-Lite 450 instead. Well, I finished the project over the 4th when I had a few days off, and it works. I have to make an exposure test sometime this week, and I'll try to post the results. I didn't really need to do this, but I had all the parts, and figured I'd finish it. We still have our 5K MH as well for backup. Parts, including the box (which really could have been an inch bigger in each direction) just under $300.00.

Steve

Wondering - did you ever set up your LED light? Did you craft a reflector for it? Any word on the distance/placement? Did you have timer in place in the system that this is replacing? Or are you timing by hand?
Thanks!