Author Topic: Epson 4800 just stopped printing (ink stopped coming out)  (Read 982 times)

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
Epson 4800 just stopped printing (ink stopped coming out)
« on: August 13, 2019, 01:21:46 PM »
I printed about 5 prints and on the 6th one it just started fading out, the cartridge is good almost half full (Accuink Photo black). Any suggestions

Offline kirkwad

• Verified/Junior
Re: Epson 4800 just stopped printing (ink stopped coming out)
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 01:50:51 PM »
Remove cartridge(s), shake it, re-insert. Do a few head cleanings. Then try printing a solid black square a few times until it gets moving again. Our 4880 used to do that occasionally.

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 02:05:03 PM »
did a power clean and she's back :) thank you Lord!!

Offline BrazosDesigns

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 07:59:38 PM »
I've repaired quite a few 4800/4880 in the last couple of years.  Only do a couple of head cleanings at a time, otherwise, if you are using clear cleaning solution, I've found it gets into the multi-sensor.  Error 100030.  (Remove the print carriage, remove sensor, clean/blow out, reinstall.)

Also, check the capping station.  The rubber edges tend to wear down and then create problems when trying to 'suck' the ink into the capping station.  This can be frustrating, thinking its a clog in the head, but not.  You can replace just the cap (lots of work), but you'll still have to take the entire capping station out.  At that point, do the whole thing for about $150.

If you have any problems with the 4800, let me know and I'll try and walk you through.

Oh - found this the hard way - never replace the printhead with the power cord still plugged into.  You'll pop the F6 fuse and have to hard wire one onto the main board.

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2019, 04:03:55 PM »
Thanks Brazo, I will definitely keep this in mind...