Author Topic: How can I do better?  (Read 3093 times)

Offline farmboygraphics

How can I do better?
« on: August 23, 2019, 08:17:47 AM »
Which program would help me do a better job of sepping?
I always sep my full color prints in the printer itself. Meaning I just send it to the printer and print out CMYK films and just adjust the angle and size in the printer settings. I've always had "luck" with this as I've never had a print rejected. But I know I could be doing a better job. Most prints mix the CMY and come out with a weak Black, so I can almost get away without printing black...almost. So I would imagine if I could sep these correctly the CMY screens would have none of the Black? I use Corel for everything. Thoughts? Thank you :-)
Tees and Coffee

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: How can I do better?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2019, 03:26:40 PM »
Not a bad looking job really, but if your looking for more pop in the colors yes you need to take the black info out of the color seps, and with that said Ultra seps would be a great program for you.  You might can ask the pros here how to do it manually with out a sep program, of pulling the black info from the the other color seps.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2019, 05:34:30 PM »
Ultraseps would be a great program for him, but it's a plugin for Photoshop. 

For Corel users, I don't know the best one for Corel, but I think there are a couple.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Logowear

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2019, 08:04:55 PM »
Not sure how good it is, but SimpleSeps by AdvancedTshirts works with CorelDraw.
Specialty Stitches

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2019, 01:20:24 PM »
Thanks.  I could not remember the name  :)

Do a Google Search with "SimpleSeps" and watch any of the YouTube videos that Advanced Artist has on the internet to check it out.   

I tell ya what, I found it currently on sale for only $149.99 (https://www.advancedtshirts.com/shop/screen-printing-halftone-rip-software/) and for that price it would certainly be worth a try, imo.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 01:32:44 PM by screenxpress »
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2019, 01:40:32 PM »
Which program would help me do a better job of sepping?
I always sep my full color prints in the printer itself. Meaning I just send it to the printer and print out CMYK films and just adjust the angle and size in the printer settings. I've always had "luck" with this as I've never had a print rejected. But I know I could be doing a better job. Most prints mix the CMY and come out with a weak Black, so I can almost get away without printing black...almost. So I would imagine if I could sep these correctly the CMY screens would have none of the Black? I use Corel for everything. Thoughts? Thank you :-)

Looks like the print lost some of the brightness from the Original. 

Was that print on an Ash color shirt?  Was there an underbase for non-white substrates? 

Offline BrazosDesigns

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2019, 04:45:29 PM »

Do a Google Search with "SimpleSeps" and watch any of the YouTube videos that Advanced Artist has on the internet to check it out.   

I tell ya what, I found it currently on sale for only $149.99 (https://www.advancedtshirts.com/shop/screen-printing-halftone-rip-software/) and for that price it would certainly be worth a try, imo.

At $149 it is a heck of a deal.  I use CorelDraw almost exclusively (because I have used it for so long) and I use the SimpleSeps / advanced artist programs.  I bought the whole CorelDraw kit.  I even use simpleseps for single color just to add reg  marks and a few other things. 

Tom - check out the simpleseps offerings.  Overprint and Raster plugins actually work quite well and will help. you with what you are trying to do.  Also, you can install on up to 4 computers, but next week or so they are doing the free updates to 2019 compatibility and will only allow for one install with license codes, then buy more as needed.

And the maker of the software always responds and will help you figure it out.  No, I don't work for them, but dang this sounds like an ad....just a happy customer.

Offline farmboygraphics

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2019, 10:17:32 AM »
Was that print on an Ash color shirt?  Was there an underbase for non-white substrates?

White shirt, just a crappy pic. I was standing over it when I took it.
Tees and Coffee

Offline farmboygraphics

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2019, 10:19:27 AM »
Tom - check out the simpleseps offerings.  Overprint and Raster plugins actually work quite well and will help. you with what you are trying to do.  Also, you can install on up to 4 computers, but next week or so they are doing the free updates to 2019 compatibility and will only allow for one install with license codes, then buy more as needed.

Thank you...I will give them a look :-)
Tees and Coffee

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2019, 01:18:15 PM »
Seps look fine to me. IMO I would juice up the inks.