screen printing > General Screen Printing

donut probe help needed

(1/3) > >>

Shanarchy:
I finally got a donut probe (Aquatuff Screen Print Kit, includes 35100-K, 50008-K). Probably should have gotten one years ago.

So I am not sure if I am using it correctly. I put the cross hairs over a print, tried to kinda push it into the ink a little. At mine normal settings I got a peak reading of only 240 degrees. To get it to peak at 330, I needed to slow the dryer down to a crawl and definitely had to be over curing and was scorching the heck out of the shirt.

Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

RICK STEFANICK:
Put it in side the shirt with the cross wires up. that way you know the temp all the way thru

Shanarchy:

--- Quote from: RICK STEFANICK on August 26, 2019, 12:32:01 PM ---Put it in side the shirt with the cross wires up. that way you know the temp all the way thru

--- End quote ---

Good thought. I didn't even think of that. And that would allow me to measure the temp without messing with the print.

BP:
You want to measure the ink film. So put the cross on the imprint.

Zelko-4-EVA:
what rick said to do will show the temperature that the base layer of ink will see.  ive always understood the important part is to fully cure the underbase ink. 

ive measured the dryer temp with many methods - inside the shirt (for the base layer of ink) , on the ink (ink film temperature), cross hairs in the air (air temperature)...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version