Author Topic: Looking for help and/or schematic for a National N2411 dryer  (Read 408 times)

Offline IPW

Looking for help and/or schematic for a National N2411 dryer
« on: September 04, 2019, 12:46:09 PM »
I've been using this guy for the last few years. Slow and low mostly discharge, some WB and a small amount of plastisol. I rewired with Tempco wire and put in new insulation along with swapping out the corroded metal connectors for ceramic at the panels shortly after picking it up for a song.

If anyone has a link to this model schematic that would be rad. While I think I understand and can see how all works I'd love to have the actual details, don't like to be surprised!

Problems
1. Not infrequently the panel wire breaks at the union and I have to rewire them, at this point I'm actually digging into the top of the panel to free more wire to join with.
Is there any way to resolve this? Maybe soldering more wire to the panel end? Who has the best replacement panels?

2. From time to time my thermostat goes wild and reads max temp, at that power shuts to the panels, with all panel lights going off. I resolve it by moving the temp gauge up and down, of which seems to reset it but it's under temp at that point and I have to run back though what needs to be and so on. Usually not a big deal as I watch while print so nothing gets too out of hand.

3. This is not really problem just something to get some thoughts from probably more intelligent peers. I work in a small space, this dryer size and length is max. I had thought about buying a new dryer, maybe Economax 3 panel but man the box length is short and the jump in cost to fusion is huge. There is great value in that this dryer is here and generally works for my needs, it seems to put more sweat equity into it this old dog may well be worth far more than a jump to something new/newer used. Is it reasonable to get better panels, rewire for a new and modern thermostat, maybe replace fans and just give her a solid re-up?

Thanks!