screen printing > General Screen Printing

Curing neck tags on press

(1/4) > >>

lancasterprinthouse:
Anybody out there curing neck tags with a quartz flash on press? We have a few clients that we higher volume neck tags for and I would love to be able to cure these on press so we don’t even have to unload down the dryer. If you’re doing it what inks are you using? My low cure ink still only goes to 270-ish which I think is still too high to cure on press with a quartz.

Any tips?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maxie:
Do you print the shirts?
You could flash the neck tag before you print and cure with the print.
Another option to make the neck tag as a transfer and iron it on.

Doug B:
  Believe it or not, you can use pad printing inks to screen print with. I have done it though not on textiles. They are not very opaque but a white could give you a gray that will cure by the time it goes around the press. It would take some experimenting with thinners to keep it from drying in the screen but I believe it could be done. I have printed on rubber-like materials that screen ink wouldn't adhere to.

lancasterprinthouse:

--- Quote from: Maxie on September 10, 2019, 12:30:38 AM ---Do you print the shirts?
You could flash the neck tag before you print and cure with the print.
Another option to make the neck tag as a transfer and iron it on.

--- End quote ---

Good thought with flashing and then curing with the print. We’ve done transfers but it’s not very fast. At least, not as fast as an auto running 500/hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RICK STEFANICK:
We print necks in Every order we do for retail and always flash then run the additional locations and cure then as maxie suggested. If we do have to print the inside necks last we do have to run them down the dryer. That can cause other issues depending on the garment so we try to run the inside necks first

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version