Author Topic: Low-cure additive....what's your experience?  (Read 1150 times)

Offline Mr Tees!!

Low-cure additive....what's your experience?
« on: September 10, 2019, 02:55:42 PM »
For those that use a low-cure additive, are there any adverse effects to the ink after it is added? Does it affect pot-life or printability, anything like that? I'm considering adding it to all our non-white inks, both stock colors and customs. We have had some success with the newer low-cure whites, and want to be able to print colors over white and take full advantage of low-temp curing.

For the record, I have the IC low-cure additive , which seems to be the most widely used. I also use the wilflex epic pc/base system.
Thanks TSB gang!!

...Sean, Mr Tees!!!

Offline woodrow

• Verified/Junior
Re: Low-cure additive....what's your experience?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2019, 09:44:43 AM »
We've been using the IC LC additive for while and have also used the Low cure base to make colors but we have the Wilflex epic equalizer pc based system and because those pc's have some plastsizers  in them I've increased the curing temp from 270 to 290 degrees and have had good success and wash tests were done before ever making it to production. We also use the IC LC 7022 White for under base with these Wilflex LC mixed overprint colors. To answer your question of pot life I haven't experienced in adverse effects and have used the colors multiple times and have added it to reflective and shimmer inks as well. Keeping close attention to the flashing and heat buildup in the pallets prevents the inks from building up on the backs of the screens which happened on one of the jobs because the printer didn't adjust the flash after initial start up. Hope this helps

Offline Prince Art

Re: Low-cure additive....what's your experience?
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2019, 11:23:33 AM »
We've used IC low cure for a long time, I have yet to see negative results. Typically paired with One Stroke ELT-S White.
One thing I haven't found is CPSIA compliance documentation for the IC Low Cure. So that means we can't use for kids garments. But beyond that, happy with it.
Nice guys laugh last.