Author Topic: Workhorse Sabre 8/10, 2x Quartz Flash, Harco/Brown 20' Dryer, M&R MSP 3140, etc  (Read 793 times)

Offline mt_signex

• Verified/Junior
I will update this post with prices and pictures and more details but wanted to go ahead and make the initial post.

I've been printing since 2007 but recently landed a job in software development and have decided it was time to hang it up, so I have a full auto shop for sale.  I'm located in Southeast Arkansas.

I have a Workhorse Sabre 8/10 press that was purchased in September 2016, currently showing ~35k prints.  I believe I have one job left for the year as I've already cut back nearly all clients so actual print amount may increase a bit before it is sold.  It's currently operating without issue and I've had zero troubles since install and have followed the recommended maintenance on the machine.

I have a set of Adult, Youth (12"), Toddler (10"), and Sleeve (4") platens for it as well as a set of 6, 6" Squeegees and Flood Bars in addition to the Adult set that came with the machine.

I have (2) Quartz 3ph 208-220v flash dryers, one is older than Sept. 2016, as it was purchased with my original 6/8 Sabre which I purchased in the Spring of 2016, but have only ever had to replace a few bulbs in each, they had equal use most of the time, and I would move them around to different heads, so all 8 heads are working properly as well, but #2 and #6 have had less use due to mostly being flash heads.

I reached out to Workhorse for a quote on having them disassemble and crate the press and flash units, and I have the ability to arrange freight with my normal broker for decent rates.

Exposure unit is a M&R / Nuarc MSP 3140 with a new bulb last year.  Vacuum blanket has been patched in 2 small places but operates without issue.  Using QX1, flashes a 160 mesh or 230 mesh in 160 units.

Harco/Brown UC4820 dryer, it's an old one, I posted about some trouble with it a year or so ago on here, but has since been repaired, one of the relays went out so I had to replace them and went ahead and replaced them all at that time.  Earlier this year I had a panel go out, so I replaced it with a new unit from Brown.  The belt is functional but tracks the wrong way (it has auto tracking if it moves the other direction) and needs to be replaced for convenience but otherwise you just have to pull it back over every so often while printing.  I bought the dryer used in 2012 and have had very little issues with it but the belt already had some damage when I purchased it.

I have around 100 screens, mostly re-meshed with permanent block out in ranges from 158/230/305 mesh sizes by Spot Color Supply, as well as 4 aluminum racks for the screens and mesh tension gauge.

I also have a Roland SP-300 Solvent Inkjet printer, but since I do not print often it needs some work to get going and needs to be used daily as its an older model and the self cleaning system isn't that great.  I use it for a vinyl cutter now and mostly sub out my print work, but it is functional and had new heads installed a couple of years ago.

For the solvent printer I also have a 38" Coda Cold Laminator with stand that is in great condition with little use these days.

Along with everything needed for an auto shop, I still have a Workhorse flash dryer for a manual press and a heat press that I haven't used in quite awhile.

Right now, I am considering offers and looking around for market value and will update with prices once I have some time to determine everything.  Ideally, I would like to sell the whole setup, but if I piece it out, I would prefer to sell the press, platens, squeegees, and at least one flash dryer together and then would consider selling the other pieces.

Thanks,
Marty