Author Topic: MHM and Adelco Presses  (Read 1168 times)

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: MHM and Adelco Presses
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2019, 08:45:05 AM »
but in practice with MHM pin system is better for film, but worse for CTS.

pierre

This makes zero sense to me. If the press is zeroed to the CTS, I can't understand how film would be better. What am I missing here?

long story short, the system works great when you need to get close. If you need to be right on, the loose pins, tight fitting bushings, dirt and ink inside the bushings and operator error make it not as good as the other system. Additionally, if one of your screens is burned slightly off, you will have to adjust the micros to get it in registration. Then the next screen you will have to micro back. Some of the new presses have a notch for the zero position which should help. I will also say that we have had removed the screens just like Maxie and they go right back in without any registration needed.

AND to stress out again, we have not managed to get the pre registration working on any of our presses, so take all of this with a large grain of salt. . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!