Author Topic: Diamondback vs Sportsman  (Read 705 times)

Offline Squeeky

• Verified/Junior
  • Ask and you shall receive
Diamondback vs Sportsman
« on: September 14, 2019, 02:18:18 PM »
hey guys,
First, I LOVE my Diamondback R (2010) 8/10, but I need at least 2 more heads. So, if I upgrade, should I find a Diamondback with 10 heads?  Just never used any other press (auto). In a two man shop, is the change over between jobs that much faster on a front/back clamp press like the Sporty? I don't know.
Always run the press solo (load/unload), with a catcher/etc. on the dryer, so run speeds (max. about 8 sec. index) would not change. Just looking for some real world experiences from anyone that's been there, done that.

Thanks for any comments
Jack
"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't...
you're right."

Henry Ford

Offline GaryG

• !!!
Re: Diamondback vs Sportsman
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2019, 10:07:08 PM »
Hi Jack,

I'd see if you can find a Sportsman with "electric" printheads in operation. You will definitely appreciate the smoothness of motion over an air assisted printhead. Over the years, a Sportsman will be a nice upgrade, and should be more stable than a Diamondback of 10 colors.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2019, 08:37:41 AM »
in general, when shopping buy the best press you can afford. It pays off in the long run. AC Heads would be very high on the list for me, but sometimes it is not in the cards until later.
pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Alex M

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2019, 08:50:44 PM »
Also the Dback does not come in a 10 color unless you buy the brand new “E” which can be equated to a sportsman with sideclamps like your used too.

If buying used a 10 or 12 color sporty is the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alex Mammoser
Director of Sales
Easiway Systems
Mobile: +1 630 220 6588
alex@easiway.com

Online Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2019, 02:08:32 AM »
We got a Diamondback S and to be honest I regret not buying a Sportsman. The Sportsman would have been a little bit more expensive but you save already by not having to buy such a big compressor.  There is now a Diamondback with electric printheads but hey I`m not a big fan of the side clamps at all.