Author Topic: Pantone swatches for Adobe Illustrator  (Read 2420 times)

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Pantone swatches for Adobe Illustrator
« on: September 19, 2019, 08:57:27 PM »
I very often find that our Pantone Coated swatches in Illustrator are not up-to-date anylonger. For example today I was looking for Pantone 4195.
Is there a resource for up to date Pantone swatches for Illustrator. The latest I have is called "Pantone+ Solid Coated-V2" but that doesn`t cut it anylonger.

Offline CBCB

• !!!
Re: Pantone swatches for Adobe Illustrator
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 07:08:12 AM »
Yes! It’s doable.

Download the Pantone Color Manager (available on Pantone's website after you purchase a book and enter the serial number...), open Color Manager App, click the fan icon in the lower right, select Pantone Master Standards, then select the book you want. Then go to the toolbar, File > Export > Illustrator (or your app) > Lab. Then when you go to Illustrator > Windows > Swatch Libraries > Color Books > then select your book

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 09:28:30 AM »
BOOM!.  There it is.    all true.

You would think that when Illustrator gets an update, that it would come with the latest of the Pantone swatches...but it doesn't.   Apparently they do it once...and then it's up to you to update Pantone swatches via the 3rd party Pantone website.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2019, 10:13:13 AM »
Is there a way to set a default to always open PMS spot swatch book when  creating a new doc ?
Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.

Offline kirkwad

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2019, 10:27:13 AM »
Is there a way to set a default to always open PMS spot swatch book when  creating a new doc ?

If you load the Pantone Swatch Book window, click the fly-out menu with the 3 lines & have it checked on the Persistent field then that book will always show up whenever you open Illustrator.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2019, 11:34:28 AM »
Great tips, I just downloaded Illustrator CC and Photoshop CC yesterday after being on CS6 forever. Haven't installed yet, too busy, but thanks guys.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't