Author Topic: Need some suggestions please..  (Read 2652 times)

Offline Doug B

• !!!
Re: Need some suggestions please..
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2019, 06:30:04 AM »
  Come to think of it, I also use 75/11 ball point large eye.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 08:45:04 AM by Doug B »

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2019, 07:59:19 AM »
It is a very fine needle and from what I can find 60 weight thread is recommended for it. It is definitely not a good size to use for what you are having an issue with.

I wouldn't invest to much in changing them out right away but I would order 75/11's and start using them as you break and wear out needles.
"No man is an island"

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2019, 10:14:24 AM »
Hey everyone - thanks for the info!

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2019, 10:34:17 AM »
75-11 minimum or larger. Make sure you have the thread through in the needle turned about 5 to 7 degrees to your right as you look at the needle.
Lastly I did not see anyone mentioning hook timing. This is a critical mechanical element that if not properly set will raise hell with you when there are other contributing factors in the sewing process, tension, hooping, needle size (BTW needles of the same size can often have different eye sizes , I have forgot the nomenclature associated but could easily be a factor), machine speed DIGITIZING QUALITY and the design .
Given your success on other machines I would look into the mechanical elements of your multi head.
Lastly what happens when you take a hat design / hat style that sews well on your single and double and run it on you larger machine?
I would start with the needle offset and the hook timing.
One last thought..........take a piece on tape put it on each of your needle plates. Pierce the tape with one stroke of needle #1 then switch to needle #8 then lastly needle #15. If all 3 do not hit the same exact needle hole then you have an alignment issue with the sewing head in general.
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2019, 10:43:26 AM »
If I turn my needles like that they stitch like crap. I use ackermann poly and 75/11 for 90% of work . swf and ricoma 2 head. if you use rayon then maybe turn them.

I would check timing. I have redone our old 4 head and singles no problem. so tajima should be similar.

shane

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2019, 10:54:36 AM »
We used to retard the needle angle until we had our newest machine installed by barudan. He expressly told us it was the wrong thing to be doing and how he explained it I forget but it did make total sense. Simply put having your gap set correctly is what you should always be doing nothing else, if you are having issues from hats to flats then adjust need gap accordingly till both sew well.
"No man is an island"

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2019, 10:57:28 AM »
That is basically what timing is plus a little more. but yes that is it.
Shane

Offline Audifox

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2019, 01:40:36 PM »
Order all new needles and change them all out?  is that why we have a crap ton of thread breaks? LOL

Don't laugh.
 I'll bet that is exactly why you have a lot of thread breaks. Especially since you are using 40 weight thread.
The diameter of the thread is pretty big when trying to go thru a hole that size.  That is what 60 weight is for.

The smallest needle I keep on hand is the 70/10. for doing super light weight fabrics. Don't use them much.

So jackets, fleeces and what have you stitch out well on the 6 head, but then when i put knit hats on its constantly eating them - birdsnesting.. and it just randomly picks a head and will just keep doing it.

Since it's random one which head is doing that, I would put my money on the needles.

Though I have had needles with no scarf. That one took a bit to figure out..... :o

Offline SteveS

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2019, 05:21:56 PM »
And please tell us you are using a water soluble topping for the beanies???? That's a must and I haven't seen anyone suggesting that although I just quickly glazed over all these posts. And a 75/11 is fine on beanies unless you have some fine detail which we wouldn't do unless you laid down a solid foundation like the previous poster suggested.

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2019, 06:03:41 PM »
And please tell us you are using a water soluble topping for the beanies???? That's a must and I haven't seen anyone suggesting that although I just quickly glazed over all these posts. And a 75/11 is fine on beanies unless you have some fine detail which we wouldn't do unless you laid down a solid foundation like the previous poster suggested.

i was not using a topping.. there is alot of fill , not much detail.  But ill remember that

And im getting some needles.

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2019, 06:10:08 PM »
solvy help lubes the needle also.
Shane

Offline Audifox

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2020, 01:54:52 PM »

i was not using a topping.. there is alot of fill , not much detail.  But ill remember that

And im getting some needles.

Just wanted to follow up, did you get a chance to change the needles?
If so,  how have things been running? Less problems?

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2020, 02:29:33 PM »
there has been another issue with the machine now.. so im working on that. One thing after another.

But i will update this when we get it running.