Author Topic: Embroidery Software for OSX?  (Read 788 times)

Online Atownsend

• !!!
Embroidery Software for OSX?
« on: February 05, 2020, 11:01:06 AM »
We're finally dipping our toes into the water here. I picked up an older single head SWF for a good price. I have no idea why I'm doing... but we've gotta start somewhere! Fortunately my office manager worked in a embroidery shop and knows slightly more than nothing.

Anyways, I'm looking for some embroidery software for OSX. Does this even exist, or am I going to need to install windows and run parallels on my mac? I would eventually like to get into digitizing myself, but for now I just need some basic software to get us started. Our machine is pretty basic, no touchscreen but fortunately we have USB input. I just need to be able to print some type of job sheet so I know how to setup the machine and preview the design. Would also like to be able to do a minor edit or two. Any suggestions for software that is mac compatible?

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Embroidery Software for OSX?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 12:57:47 PM »
I just googled it, and apparently there is a lot of embroidery software for Mac. Not being an embroiderer though, can't critique any. You could get a small separate PC, barebones, that could handle it. We just did that for our shipping computer to run UPS Worldship when it went to Windows 10. $170.00, and we already had a mouse, keyboard and monitor on hand.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Doug B

• !!!
Re: Embroidery Software for OSX?
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 01:19:17 PM »
  I Googled it also and though I haven't ever used it, Embrilliance Stitch Artist looks good for Mac. I watched a couple of You-Tubes on it and it looks like it can do anything that any of the more mainstream programs can do. Level 3 is only $600.+ compared to $10,000+ for a higher version of Wilcom (PC). Years ago, we paid around $17,000, for the Gunold (PC) program we are still using today.