Author Topic: Unique embroidery situation  (Read 1146 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Unique embroidery situation
« on: February 13, 2020, 03:44:09 PM »
I am looking at the validity of gang printing 9 up, an all over 4 color screen printed pattern (simple pattern) that will be cut down to a pocket shape, and sewn onto shirts.  9 pockets in one print. Then cut them into the pocket template size...and sew on.

Has anyone ever cut and sewn your own custom pockets onto shirts?  Checking for the best process.  Was trying to determine if it's possible to lock into a template position for the hoop and embroider the stitching along the edges?  No?  If not, then I assume a regular sewing machine.

Similar to this, but all over printing...print bleeding off the sides. Thus the cut n sew.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
Re: Unique embroidery situation
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 06:37:42 PM »
Dan From AAUSA does this all the time with dye sub
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2020, 07:31:40 PM »
Yup, Dan and staff are great at this.

Offline Lizard

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2020, 10:08:54 PM »
Dan

Anyone that has printed Comfort Colors know to well the challenges of printing pockets. I have switched hundreds of pockets or even made pockets from the hem of extra shirts. It’s quicker than resetting the back and printing again but it is slow and tedious. Trying to do it on an embroidery machine would be near impossible. Commercial operations have pocket sewing machines. Google it.
Toby
 Shirt Lizard Charlotte, NC 704-521-5225

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2020, 09:35:00 AM »
Thank for the info everyone!    These would not be dye sub tees or pockets, but good to know.  I imagine AAUSA could do plastisol on black colored tees then.
I'll get with him on this.

Thanks!
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline aauusa

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2020, 10:01:10 AM »
Dan,   we do them dye sub,  but let me ask a question.  is the pocket going on the tee needing to match the color of the tee or is it different color like your pic?   if needing to match tee shirt color then that is a no go on dye sub for sure and would be best with printing with ink and the sewing the pocket on but the pockets would be made from the a tee shirt.  but if the colors are different like your pic then the best way is to dye sub the print on fabric and then sew on tee shirt.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2020, 10:10:24 AM »
From what I gather thus far, it would be a cotton (colored tee) like black, with a white pocket.  I discussed the pockets  content with my customer and it was mentioned for assumed the pocket would match the material of the shirt. like 100% cotton pocket material.  But I could be wrong and it's not a requirement...and could just say if we do this, we would quote it with dye sub.

So, you would sew them onto the shirt?

Offline aauusa

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2020, 10:14:02 AM »
yes we would print, cut and sew.     the one we have done in the past have been next level and bella shirts and we use a light weight polyester which is a smooth knit for the pockets.  shoot me an email and I can email you the pocket template along with pricing.  dan@aauusa.com