Author Topic: Coronavirus - effects on business  (Read 22187 times)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Coronavirus - effects on business
« Reply #180 on: March 21, 2020, 12:05:23 PM »
TAKING THE LEAD FROM THIS COUNTRY'S MOST FAMOUS TWEETER, I HAVE TAKEN TO ALL CAPS FOR EMPHASIS FOR THIS PARTICULAR POST.
THIS THREAD IS VALUABLE. THIS THREAD GIVES US ALL A LOOK AT HOW MANY OF OUR COLLEAGUES AROUND THE GLOBE ARE EFFECTED AND ARE HANDLING THIS CRISIS.
THIS THREAD, ESPECIALLY IN THE SECTION THAT IT IS IN, IS NOT THE PLACE FOR, NOR WILL I LET IT DEGENERATE INTO A CONVENIENT PLACE TO VENT XENOPHOBIA OR TO STOKE THE FIRES OF BIGOTRY. (UP TO A CERTAIN POINT, IF NOT TOO HATEFUL, TAKE THAT TO THE CONTROVERSY CAGE)
I DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO CUT POSTS HERE
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 12:21:05 PM by Frog »
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Ron Pierson

« Reply #181 on: March 21, 2020, 12:10:55 PM »
Thank You Frog
THis thread is IMPORTANT!!

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #182 on: March 21, 2020, 12:18:21 PM »
Bigotry is what I believe you meant.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #183 on: March 21, 2020, 12:20:26 PM »
Bigotry is what I believe you meant.

Of course. (my fingers are as fat as ever)
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Nitrox73

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #184 on: March 21, 2020, 12:25:47 PM »
Update on making masks. We posted some pics on Instagram and our phone/messages are blowing UP. We're charging $8 for a 3 layer mask. (I keep saying we even though it's just me now). I am hopeful to bring my manager back if this continues.

Being an 47 year old man with mad sewing and embroidery skills may end up paying off during the apocalypse. 

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #185 on: March 21, 2020, 12:40:45 PM »
Make the call to your home mortgage lenders as well.  Yesterday, after a 1.5 hour hold, I got through to Wells Fargo.   A federal program allows to skip 3 payments with no penalties and no credit ding, and simply extent the term 3 months on the back end.  For me personally, this is huge and helps me begin to see how we might navigate through this fiasco.

My next big task is also Direct Capital.  I also got the “we’ll call you back in a few days with a plan”....right.  The problem is they require auto-draft for payments in the loan closing docs and the 25th cal of month is approaching rapidly.  So I guess I need to drain that checking account to a minimum so it rejects, or shut it down entirely???

Good luck out there & be well.

I just put ACH debit block on my account and manual check approval. that should do it. . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Northland

« Reply #186 on: March 21, 2020, 12:46:07 PM »
In financial terms.... I'm only marginally affected by this pandemic. But, I can relate to the concerns of those board members who will take a beating. In 1983 I was working in an industry that crashed and burned. I had a pregnant wife and two children under the age of 4. I moved to a different part of the state and started over. I ended up with a job that allowed me grow and to work another 32 years without interruption.
I guess what I'm trying to say is "Fate can be kind"... so look for opportunities that are blessings in disguise.

Here's a truly motivational speech, by a great man and the type of leader this country needs (in my opinion).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBuIGBCF9jc

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #187 on: March 21, 2020, 12:59:51 PM »
In financial terms.... I'm only marginally affected by this pandemic. But, I can relate to the concerns of those board members who will take a beating. In 1983 I was working in an industry that crashed and burned. I had a pregnant wife and two children under the age of 4. I moved to a different part of the state and started over. I ended up with a job that allowed me grow and to work another 32 years without interruption.
I guess what I'm trying to say is "Fate can be kind"... so look for opportunities that are blessings in disguise.

Here's a truly motivational speech, by a great man and the type of leader this country needs (in my opinion).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBuIGBCF9jc

as an ex US Navy guy and somebody who was station on the same base as the seals I love seeing that speech.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Maff

• !!!
« Reply #188 on: March 21, 2020, 07:36:38 PM »
Update on making masks. We posted some pics on Instagram and our phone/messages are blowing UP. We're charging $8 for a 3 layer mask. (I keep saying we even though it's just me now). I am hopeful to bring my manager back if this continues.

Being an 47 year old man with mad sewing and embroidery skills may end up paying off during the apocalypse.
Did you figure out a way to make these with your embroidery machine?

We could probably start another thread on this.  We are going to take this project on, currently with just a couple sewing machines.  NYS Governor is offering to buy them from whoever can make them, could give us something to do in the mean time. And even sell to the public like you mention.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 07:40:01 PM by Maff »

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #189 on: March 22, 2020, 07:54:36 AM »

We could probably start another thread on this.  We are going to take this project on, currently with just a couple sewing machines.  NYS Governor is offering to buy them from whoever can make them, could give us something to do in the mean time. And even sell to the public like you mention.

where are you sourcing the elastic? I'm looking everywhere and the only thing I can think of using in it's place are girls head bands or stealing the elastic bands off of ID tags, cut it to length. If I can get some elastic, I may give it a go
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Maff

• !!!
« Reply #190 on: March 22, 2020, 08:31:31 AM »

where are you sourcing the elastic? I'm looking everywhere and the only thing I can think of using in it's place are girls head bands or stealing the elastic bands off of ID tags, cut it to length. If I can get some elastic, I may give it a go
We couldn't find the 1/2" , but we found some thicker and thinner elastic at Joanne Fabrics. Were gonna try with that just to get an idea if we can do it and then start searching for more.

Offline Crazy Mike

• !!!
« Reply #191 on: March 22, 2020, 10:31:45 AM »
How do you think our large competitors like BSN and Custom Ink will come out of this?

Offline CBCB

• !!!
« Reply #192 on: March 22, 2020, 11:28:01 AM »
How do you think our large competitors like BSN and Custom Ink will come out of this?
Probably with a fat government bailout while all the rest of us fight, for our right, to print tees!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #193 on: March 22, 2020, 11:50:23 AM »
2 things. I hope BSN chokes on a bag full of horse cocks.

We have sourced the elastic, hair head bands at dollar tree, 12 of them for 1.00..... We ahve them sewing right now, I can do 16 at a time with my machines
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #194 on: March 22, 2020, 11:51:17 AM »
2 things. I hope BSN chokes on a bag full of horse cocks.

AMEN