Author Topic: Red discharge HAS TO BE printed last.  (Read 2491 times)

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
Re: Red discharge HAS TO BE printed last.
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2020, 03:14:49 PM »
What blanks are you generally printing on?

Offline Cole

Re: Red discharge HAS TO BE printed last.
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2020, 08:27:50 PM »
Yeah we prefer to put white last. We will throw a flash in quick wherever possible and prioritize which colors we dont want stepped on for that same opacity reason.

We set it it up like plastisol wow, smaller areas and darker first, then more open areas and brighter colors at end or before flash.

Also on longer runs flashing helps us avoid build up on the back of screens and sometimes that gets a little messy.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

This is pretty much how I set it all up as well. Even with this technique implemented, reds still need to go right before a flash or last in the sequence.

Everyone has given great advice and input, but no one has admitted that they have this same issue. Does anyone else experience this phenomenon with red discharge or is it just me?
Yeah a nice red discharge is a delicate color to begin with, even printing it alone, so we try not to ever step on it when its printed with other colors or you risk the vibrancy.  Same thing with yellow discharge and other colors we want to be bright, try not to step on them wet.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Right on. Glad to hear I'm not the only one with this issue. I was thinking that maybe it was something that I was doing wrong, but it sounds like other people are facing this same problem. Looks like I'll need to get a bigger press to accommodate for more flashes. I only have six heads currently.

What blanks are you generally printing on?
Been printing on a lot of ringspun stuff lately (Gildan Hammer and Beefy Tees). These ones give me the most issues. I don't know if it has to do with ringspun shirts, but regular Ultra Cotton tees always print great for me. Maybe ringspun tees are making it harder for the ink to penetrate the garment?