Author Topic: Wanted: Newman Locking Strips  (Read 3537 times)

Offline BrazosDesigns

Wanted: Newman Locking Strips
« on: March 16, 2020, 10:26:30 PM »
I recently acquired 45 Newman 23x26" MZX roller frames for our manual that need locking strips.  Anybody transition to panels and have lockings strips they don't need? or rolls of the strips?

Please let me know!

Thanks!
Darren

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Wanted: Newman Locking Strips
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2020, 10:33:45 PM »
We do have a member here who has sold his own locking strip material in the past. look up logoman
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Atownsend

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2020, 07:07:04 AM »
Max-tension.com

They work well enough. I do prefer the ones that come with new frames though. The  black ones are not perfectly formed, but yeah they work and are pretty much half price.

If you want some more MZX square bar manual frames I have about 30 that I’m sitting on, half with s mesh. All with locking strips and plastic mesh protectors. I’d let em go for cheap if you want more frames.

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2020, 09:51:12 AM »
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline BrazosDesigns

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2020, 07:43:26 PM »
Thanks for all the replies!  I tried contacting logoman on digitsmith with no response, so I'll try here.  The max-tension.com website looks to have been last updated in 2011 and no contact info there.

I wonder if there is an off-the-shelf product that can be modified to work.  Looks like some of the big zip ties have a similar material makeup.

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2020, 08:42:03 PM »
another source is here
https://store.techsupportsps.com/products/heavy-duty-locking-strip
mooseman

Holy CACA.......when I bought my last roll it was like $75.00 and I was looking for a reach-around......

I just did a Google search "newman locking strips" and found
http://roederindustries.com/stretch-devices-newman-locking-strip-clear-50-ft-roll/

Also--
http://www.spsi.biz/screen-printing-equipment/screen-stretching-systems/universal-locking-strip

And--
https://silkscreen-supplies.com/shop/screen-printing-supplies/frames/newman-roller-frames/clear-locking-strip-detail

You can check those links (there are others) and make your best business value choice
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 08:54:27 PM by screenxpress »
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2020, 08:58:06 PM »
forget about buying anything for the business next few weeks or months. You are most likely going to have ZERO orders pretty soon. SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2020, 08:59:08 PM »
Sadly, you are probably right.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2020, 09:28:04 PM »
don't want to get into it too deep, but I've faced similar situations (from the economic perspective) twice already.

SAVE ALL YOUR CASH! Stop paying everything you can get away with. And I don't mean spending, I mean stop paying your electric gas maybe even rent if you can do it. They will not kick you out right away. If two months from now you realize you are going out of business you will at least have the money to pay off the equipment and what ever is guarantied personally.

Anybody who thinks they are going to close this year with more than 50% of last years sales is smoking something. If we are lucky we will do 60% of last year in 2021. Can you survive if your production is cut in half? What are you going to do about it now before it's too late?

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline BrazosDesigns

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2020, 10:51:00 PM »
forget about buying anything for the business next few weeks or months. You are most likely going to have ZERO orders pretty soon. SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!!

pierre

True..

We only had one order for today and it was 15 shirts 2 color front / back.  Yeah...nothing on the slate for the rest of the week as we do a lot of school stuff.  Time to clean, organize, fix some of our documentation for processes, and experiment with some hd print / foil / discharge...

I am trying to get these frames setup and going and hopefully get a few more before it picks back up..... we'll see!

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2020, 10:02:31 AM »
Thanks for all the replies!  I tried contacting logoman on digitsmith with no response, so I'll try here.  The max-tension.com website looks to have been last updated in 2011 and no contact info there.

I wonder if there is an off-the-shelf product that can be modified to work.  Looks like some of the big zip ties have a similar material makeup.
[/color]

Yes there are I have done it using large zip ties modified for width but unless you have some jig and fixture skills and some woodworking equipment etc it is not worth the effort. When modified the zip ties work same as the OEM strips but starting from scratch just buy the roll when you can.

mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline BrazosDesigns

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2020, 05:17:58 PM »
Finally got in touch with Pete from MaxTension - getting a sample sent and hopefully it is a good replacement locking strip.

I'm sure some company can make up a custom like this, but I'd probably have to order a gazillion feet of it.

And thanks to Aaron (atownsend).... he made me a deal on some more mzx 23x26 - couldn't pass up another 39 screens.  Yeah, it's a crunch time, but I'm going to use this time to dial in processes, experiment with some techniques, etc. 

Thanks, all, for the replies and suggestions!
Darren