Author Topic: waterbase / discharge on face masks  (Read 1474 times)

Offline studioayc

waterbase / discharge on face masks
« on: June 27, 2020, 05:32:25 PM »
anyone tried printing with discharge on face masks? I did a test with some CCI T charge on a bayside flat mask and it came out great, there is a layer between the front and back so the ink didn't push through to the back but you could still smell the discharge a tiny bit when wearing it. Wondering if anyone was doing this for jobs yet and if you are washing the masks before giving to customers?

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: waterbase / discharge on face masks
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 10:04:10 PM »
Google zincformaldehydesulfoxalate

Offline Pangea

• !!!
  • Jack of all trades, master of none.
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2020, 05:32:24 PM »
We're sticking with dye sub on masks but typically when I do a discharge job for a client I tell them to wash before wear as a disclaimer. We actually have a friend that's a seamstress selling her hand sewn masks that includes a disclaimer that says to boil them before wearing to disinfect.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2020, 10:09:00 AM »
yes you can discharge masks, but typically it's frowned apon. unless goods are laundered first it's advised to NOT print with DC.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline studioayc

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2020, 09:11:39 PM »
yes you can discharge masks, but typically it's frowned apon. unless goods are laundered first it's advised to NOT print with DC.

that's what I figured was the case, I am mostly interested in doing some masks using DC ink for myself to sell and was going to print a batch of them and wash & dry them before selling. I think for clients I would use a different WB like supercover or comet white for printing masks

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2020, 09:29:26 AM »
Do you guys think printing masks with discharge would be worse than printing them DTG? The pre treat used on DTG made me think that we would start seeing stories in the near future of issues related to that. I have no clue, I'm genuinely asking.
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com