Author Topic: Cap Mode Barudan  (Read 1463 times)

Offline Pangea

• !!!
  • Jack of all trades, master of none.
Cap Mode Barudan
« on: July 07, 2020, 04:41:00 PM »
Is there any advantage to using the cap option in the Barudan interface? A buddy of mine used to work on the same model (multi head instead of single) and mentioned the needle depth or pull compensation may change, not sure if there's any truth to that? Mid 2000 BEDT-ZQ-501

Offline Jwcontractscreen

• !!!
Re: Cap Mode Barudan
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2020, 05:53:52 PM »
It’s the only way to run hats. Just rotating can cause needle breaks. The needle goes higher before the pantograph moves. Timing is different on the machine in cap mode.
Contract screen printing in Northern Kentucky
www.jwcontractscreen.com

Offline Pangea

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2020, 10:06:12 PM »
3rd edit: I love you JW, you just got me through this small order that's been binding us up. Went for "3" on the cap hoop setting and am banging out this 4mm text like it's nothing.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 12:04:55 AM by Pangea »

Offline Logowear

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2020, 11:23:13 AM »
OK, I've been running Barudans for 16 years (1, 1, 4, 6-head) and I've never heard of "Cap Mode"
I see a presser foot setting in the MC setting, but no cap mode.
Please elaborate.
Specialty Stitches

Offline Pangea

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2020, 11:28:51 AM »
On the BEDT in the settings theres just a little hat logo that says "Cap" and you can choose 1, 2, or 3. I'm going to find the manual today and see if it says more about what those are but I assume it's the presser foot height or something. I'll update when I find it.

Offline BRGtshirts

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2020, 11:19:57 AM »
On the BEDT in the settings theres just a little hat logo that says "Cap" and you can choose 1, 2, or 3. I'm going to find the manual today and see if it says more about what those are but I assume it's the presser foot height or something. I'll update when I find it.

Pangea, I know a bit off topic, but as a screen printer getting ready to jump into some embroidery (at least by end of 2020), and looking at Tajima or Barudan. Do you have any experience between the two? i.e. these two seem the best, so wondering if it's like picking between two high quality machines - there will be difference but both are good at the end of the day? That's how I'm looking at it now..

Offline Pangea

• !!!
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2020, 12:42:43 PM »

Pangea, I know a bit off topic, but as a screen printer getting ready to jump into some embroidery (at least by end of 2020), and looking at Tajima or Barudan. Do you have any experience between the two? i.e. these two seem the best, so wondering if it's like picking between two high quality machines - there will be difference but both are good at the end of the day? That's how I'm looking at it now..

I started off with a Brother PE770 home machine to get the gist of it, getting files digitized and stuff like that. Then went with a used Babylock 650 (6 needle) that I still use for flats and patch blanks, boring work. I went with Barudan because I got a decent deal on one 100 miles away that was a single owner who bought it and got trained from the distributor. If it were a Tajima I still would've jumped on that deal. No experience with Tajima but I know someone who has one and loves it. End of the day either one in my opinion.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2020, 05:49:03 PM »
Cap mode gives the needle more time to exit the material before advancing the pantograph. Saves on needles, on our later model Barudan it also automatically turns the design upside down and sets the limit so an operator cannot accidentally crash a hat hoop.

I do not remember the exact procedure but on the older barudans the cap mode is in the same place as where you go to rotate a design, scale up/down etc.
"No man is an island"

Offline Logowear

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2020, 09:11:20 AM »
Cap mode gives the needle more time to exit the material before advancing the pantograph. Saves on needles, on our later model Barudan it also automatically turns the design upside down and sets the limit so an operator cannot accidentally crash a hat hoop.

I do not remember the exact procedure but on the older barudans the cap mode is in the same place as where you go to rotate a design, scale up/down etc.

Thanks, found it...now I'll have to find the manual and see what the 1-6 settings are.
I'm also curious as to what the presser foot setting does in the MC settings.. It may raise the presser foot for doing 3D puff. That could be a good thing. It's amazing that they don't go over these settings during an install.
Specialty Stitches

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2020, 09:33:24 AM »

Thanks, found it...now I'll have to find the manual and see what the 1-6 settings are.
I'm also curious as to what the presser foot setting does in the MC settings.. It may raise the presser foot for doing 3D puff. That could be a good thing. It's amazing that they don't go over these settings during an install.

MC settings are machine parameters not intended for on the fly adjustments, so I would certainly becareful before adjusting. The extra cap mode numbers is strange, maybe you have an older firmware? I do remember if you go into the MSU settings you have several variables you can adjust that take effect when you select cap mode. Speeds etc. Honestly I do not remember any machine variable for pressure foot.
"No man is an island"

Offline Pangea

• !!!
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2020, 08:21:42 PM »
Inkman, what cap number setting (0-3) do you guys use? I stuck it on 3 and it's seemed to be better but I can't find the manual do see what it means.