Author Topic: Art and Seps by yours truley.  (Read 1915 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Art and Seps by yours truley.
« on: January 06, 2012, 11:56:23 AM »
This was a first time customer. One never knows what the results might be from a first time customer. He didn't have a website up for me to see previous samples but he indicated that he is familiar with printing sim process. It's a poor pic but I take what I can get.  What is it with your printers and poor cel phone pics. LOL.

So we do our thing and this is the result. Pretty good. Customer loved it. As artist, we nit pick and think, well, if I'd of had more time, I could have done this or that and would change this.  All in all, Customer was happy and he paid the balance a little sow, but came though without prodding.

While I am mainly focusing on separation work I do some illustration work as well. I'm more of an outdoor kind of guy and like this scenery so I was pretty interested in doing this one. Wildlife and Firefighters, thats my preference. I will however, take on a race car or classic car job if anyone ever wants a quote on those. I need a few of those for my portfolio. ;)

Forgot to mention. Limited to 6 colors an an auto.

Plastisol inks, Base white,  Yellow,  Green Red,  Black,  Top White
230 for the base and 305 mesh for all to colors. 55lpi at 22.5 degree screen angle using ellipse dot shape.

The dog is an altered or Frankensteined photo as I didn't want to reference it directly from the provided image. Changed Paws, Ears back, tail pointed more, enhanced muscle structure, ect.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 02:29:29 PM by Dottonedan »
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Command-Z

• !!!
Re: Art and Seps by yours truley.
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 12:56:05 PM »
Nice one Dan. I especially like how you mixed the green. What blue did you use?
Design, Illustration and Color Separation for the Imprinted Apparel Industry for over 20 years. SeibelStudio.com
 Custom art not in the budget? Check out Bad Bonz Designs

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 02:28:51 PM »
Nice one Dan. I especially like how you mixed the green. What blue did you use?

My bad.  I assumed I did my normal thin and used blue but I do remember now that when doing it, I thought, why force a blue to work and just use a green. I did use a green and not a blue. :)  Thanks for asking, now i can fix that.  I like to work with primary's tho usually.

D
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 02:32:09 PM »
Purdy Damn Nice.

Offline Command-Z

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 04:41:07 PM »
Yeah, I was wondering why you used blue when it appears no where else in the art that I can see.

Still, nice job.
Design, Illustration and Color Separation for the Imprinted Apparel Industry for over 20 years. SeibelStudio.com
 Custom art not in the budget? Check out Bad Bonz Designs