Author Topic: File conversion  (Read 1337 times)

Offline stitches4815

• !!!
File conversion
« on: October 09, 2020, 04:59:35 PM »
We have been doing work for a local uniform supplier ands all the embroidery files thay have been sending us are in the DST format.  The other day they sent us two files from their previous embroiderer (who is now out of business)and they were in the ofm format.  Our software can open just about any other format, except this one.  This is from, I believe< Melco.  Is there anyone out there that may be able to convert this to DST?

Thank you in advance.
Wade
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 08:38:37 AM by stitches4815 »

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: File conversion
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2020, 05:47:41 PM »
Doing a Google search with "convert ofm to dst" pulled up a load of hits. 

I read more of the links and found that even though I don't do embroidery, it may be as easy as finding one of the users here with OFM to open it and just save it out as DST.

Per Embroidery.com....

How do I convert embroidery formats?

If you have an embroidery design that your machine cannot read because the format is incorrect, you can convert it to another embroidery format -- one that your machine can use. To do this, you need embroidery software on your computer.

To convert embroidery formats:

Open your embroidery design.
    Make any changes needed.
    Click the disk icon or from the file menu and choose "save as".
    This opens the saving window so you can choose your saving location (which folder or drive to save to).
    Change the file name if you wish to.
    At the bottom is a dropdown list of formats.
    Select the format you would like to convert to.
    Click save.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 06:02:32 PM by screenxpress »
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2020, 11:30:49 PM »
We have been doing work for a local uniform supplier ands all the embroidery files thay have been sending us are in the DST format.  The other day they sent us two files from their previous embroiderer (who is now out of business)and they were in the ofm format.  Our software can open just about any other format, except this one.  This is from, I believe< Melco.  Is there anyone out there that may be able to convert this to DST?

Thank you in advance.
Eade
use wilcom true sizer. easy to change.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2020, 11:11:01 AM »
Yup Wilcom trusizer  free download and nice program
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline stitches4815

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2020, 10:02:47 AM »
Thanks for all the help.  No matter what I found ofm wasn't an option, even with Truesizer.  Had the customer send it their digitizer, too much time wasted.