Author Topic: DTF not DTG  (Read 12695 times)

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
Re: DTF not DTG
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2020, 01:50:54 PM »
I received my sample kit fro Supacolor yesterday.  Without doing a wash test yet, I have to say I’m impressed with the vibrancy and feel compared to other transfers I’ve dealt with.  The wash test is next.
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2020, 01:54:05 PM »
one of the issues that was brought to my attention, is that right now, inks are not 100% compatible with the print heads. Meaning print heads may degrade faster.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2020, 02:59:04 PM »
The L1800 looks to be the same as the 1430 but does not print 13x19 sheets, I do like the ink tanks which I think makes a difference in the two printers.  This could be somewhat of a game changer in doing 1 or two pieces full color for dark color shirts.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline zanegun08

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2020, 11:46:15 PM »
But why is it being called DTF?  That's the most important question.

It's not Direct to Fabric.

First Discharge, then F'N Ink, now DTF, aka Down To F*ck, what double entendre is next?

I call them "Athletic Transfers" or "Waterbase Transfers" to customers since "Transfer" has a bad connotation.  Then I say it's the same style that Nike and Adidas use.

Anyhow, someone had to say it eventually, I'm Down To F*ck with these, but it's a weird naming and doesn't even make sense.

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2020, 03:39:14 AM »
But why is it being called DTF?  That's the most important question.

It's not Direct to Fabric.

First Discharge, then F'N Ink, now DTF, aka Down To F*ck, what double entendre is next?

I call them "Athletic Transfers" or "Waterbase Transfers" to customers since "Transfer" has a bad connotation.  Then I say it's the same style that Nike and Adidas use.

Anyhow, someone had to say it eventually, I'm Down To F*ck with these, but it's a weird naming and doesn't even make sense.
Direct Transfer Film

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2020, 12:13:48 PM »
I got my samples yesterday from Supacolor, and I must say, I'm very impressed. I don't think I'd want a full chest print much, but for left fronts, aprons, etc., they should be very good. I have one customer who runs an online uniform company, and 90% of the orders have used cad-cuts from Transfer Express. No more white  borders...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2020, 12:22:05 PM »
I got my samples yesterday from Supacolor, and I must say, I'm very impressed. I don't think I'd want a full chest print much, but for left fronts, aprons, etc., they should be very good. I have one customer who runs an online uniform company, and 90% of the orders have used cad-cuts from Transfer Express. No more white  borders...

Steve

I also got my samples, definitely not bad at all. I would say since they use a flat rate $15 2nd day air ship it makes them viable even for us on the East Coast. I placed one order with them just to test the waters on the process.

I am also testing stuff from Apex
"No man is an island"

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2020, 02:43:34 PM »
just bringing this up again - I bought all the DTF supplies and ran my first prints today. This is an absolute game changer. Simple one off / replacement shirts and hat transfers - absolutely amazing. It doesn't feel bad at all either, not like a solvent printed transfer. I'm going to do a few more test on it but I think the DTF stuff is a winner. way easier to deal with than a DTG....It sticks to leather if anyone is interested in that.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2020, 03:12:48 PM »
just bringing this up again - I bought all the DTF supplies and ran my first prints today. This is an absolute game changer. Simple one off / replacement shirts and hat transfers - absolutely amazing. It doesn't feel bad at all either, not like a solvent printed transfer. I'm going to do a few more test on it but I think the DTF stuff is a winner. way easier to deal with than a DTG....It sticks to leather if anyone is interested in that.

what machine did you get?
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2020, 03:18:38 PM »
I picked up a 1430 off ebay to see if this was going to work. So far it's proving itself and I am beyond impressed with this set up...

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2020, 03:23:10 PM »
Not sure this video shows anything relevant to the subjects in this thread, it is something I can across on YT. Yes it one of those Youtubers that seems to think screaming yelling, crazy camera changes makes a video enjoyable (me it makes my stress level rise) But I watched anyways to see the system. By time I was done all I could think is wow that is a lot of freaking steps to take just to get one transfer from the printer to a shirt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzB3XrzFE4w&t=691s
"No man is an island"

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2020, 03:49:33 PM »
I picked up a 1430 off ebay to see if this was going to work. So far it's proving itself and I am beyond impressed with this set up...

Where did you find instructions to alter the 1430? With the L1800 (painfully slow) and P600 it seems to be as simple as removing the pizza wheels, and making a flat table for the film to slide out onto so it doesn't buckle and cause a head strike. Kothari RIP?

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline rusty

« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2020, 04:07:28 PM »
Where did you get the supplies?

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2020, 04:56:03 PM »
Not sure this video shows anything relevant to the subjects in this thread, it is something I can across on YT. Yes it one of those Youtubers that seems to think screaming yelling, crazy camera changes makes a video enjoyable (me it makes my stress level rise) But I watched anyways to see the system. By time I was done all I could think is wow that is a lot of freaking steps to take just to get one transfer from the printer to a shirt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzB3XrzFE4w&t=691s

no good. Lasers use resin which feels terrible -in my opinion- and they crack since it's basically thin solid plastic.

Where did you find instructions to alter the 1430? With the L1800 (painfully slow) and P600 it seems to be as simple as removing the pizza wheels, and making a flat table for the film to slide out onto so it doesn't buckle and cause a head strike. Kothari RIP?

Steve

no mods needed! All I did was attached a bulk ink system I got off the Bay and filled'r up with the inks. I bought  Acrorip too, which I know you can get free but I'm not into modifying computer systems.

Where did you get the supplies?

This set I picked up from Kingdom T Shirts - just for proof of concept. I am going to try and import some of these inks and papers myself to bring the costs down even further. I've run a few more pages today and again, I am beyond thrilled with the results. The problems we were having is with online stores. We would offer a wide variety of garments, but only sell one hat. Or have to replace an item because Wanda doesn't fit in the Small she ordered, she needs a friggen 3X..... Or strange items with weird placements, in multi color. So far this is looking to be the way to roll for us vs the DTG....costs are not even CLOSE to a dtg print either...

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2020, 05:35:21 PM »
dtf?
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender