Author Topic: DTF not DTG  (Read 12262 times)

Offline zanegun08

Re: DTF not DTG
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2021, 03:06:40 PM »
Everything is finally ready to go!

I signed up and placed a sample order with my artwork.

Site is easy to use, pricing seems equitable and the size of transfers is in no way limiting!

Small - 11" x 12.50"
Medium - 22.50" x 12.50"
Large - 22.50" x 25.00"

There is a base fee which I assume covers shipping / administration, and then the cost per transfer on top of that so if you can batch orders together it makes the most sense.

You can easily make an account to see pricing.

At the large size, if 3" x 3" or less for interior branding transfers which could be full color, the per unit cost is 17 cents not including base cost, but if the machine can produce small details for inside neck labels it could be really viable for that process which is what I'm most interested in this for.

Offline DonR

« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2021, 05:50:34 PM »
Zane - Thanks for the review.

You can make smaller text in white. The samples I sent you have text size down to 6pt. The underbase on color text is  choked in about 2 pixels, so very small text can get lost.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2021, 05:19:46 PM »
I was just looking over the site, and signed up, and I'm looking forward to having an actual job to send so I can try it out. Though the art requirements don't state it, I'm assuming we need to flop the image, yes?

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline zanegun08

« Reply #78 on: February 17, 2021, 05:35:37 PM »
Don't mirror your image, send it how you want it produced, they will handle mirroring / ripping / printing

Offline DonR

« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2021, 07:46:57 PM »
Zane are you looking for a job... LOL

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2021, 10:48:50 AM »
Just got the samples in.. going to try them out later.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2021, 11:33:35 AM »
Just got the samples in.. going to try them out later.

Same here, I noticed the all white sample is, well, all white, but the colored ones seem to have a pink adhesive, interesting...

Steve

Offline DonR

« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2021, 04:42:18 PM »
The adhesive is the same. It turns clear when it is melted and picks up some of the ink color.  So on the all white sample, the adhesive looks white. On the color samples, it looks like it turns the color of the image. It looks pink because the magenta is picked up a little more then the other colors. Therefore, it looks a little pink even if the color on the front is black.  Don't worry, go ahead and press as instructed on the transfers...

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #83 on: February 23, 2021, 10:51:18 AM »
The adhesive is the same. It turns clear when it is melted and picks up some of the ink color.  So on the all white sample, the adhesive looks white. On the color samples, it looks like it turns the color of the image. It looks pink because the magenta is picked up a little more then the other colors. Therefore, it looks a little pink even if the color on the front is black.  Don't worry, go ahead and press as instructed on the transfers...

I'm sure it's fine, I was just curious, I'll be checking them out today.

Steve

Offline T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #84 on: March 08, 2021, 05:11:11 PM »
tprnt.com  - This cant be good, must pretty significant to shut down. Hope they get up and running soon. Anyone know how long they have been closed?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 05:23:04 PM by T Shirt Farmer »
Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #85 on: March 08, 2021, 05:16:30 PM »
who is that
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #86 on: March 08, 2021, 05:22:33 PM »
Hey Eric   -  tprnt.com
Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #87 on: March 08, 2021, 05:47:00 PM »
tprnt.com  - This cant be good, must pretty significant to shut down. Hope they get up and running soon. Anyone know how long they have been closed?

It seemed to have happened in-between taking an order from me on the 25th and a few days later.
Remember that this is what sunk a bunch of folks with the early Fast T-Jets, though most of them were completely dependent on their one machine. I get the impression, that this is just another branch of Don's business, and am pretty sure that one way or another, it will get ironed out. This new stuff always seems to have some teething issues.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #88 on: March 08, 2021, 05:57:41 PM »
Hey we have an order in of logo stuff to test on different substrates for our online merch stores. He said they are down for a little bit but I'm sure they will be back up and running in a few weeks. Please remember they are an early adapter of this tech and they are going through growing pains for us all as there is no US support or supplier as far as I know.

Offline DonR

« Reply #89 on: March 08, 2021, 08:30:19 PM »
Thanks for all of your concern. Going live put too much stress on the equipment that had been working great during testing. First the plastic gear that drives the capping station up and down broke. That has led to several problems. We are switching things out to be much beefier and able to run full time in a production environment. We are also getting a 2nd duplicate system for additional capacity (700 square feet per hour) and back up. The fabrication of the new parts and equipment plus shipping, customs, setup, and testing will keep us down for four to five more weeks.

We made the decision to do this right and take the hit now because I did not want to be the "unreliable company" Sorry, if the message on the website is a bit strong. When it was less in your face, people continued to place orders that I could not currently fill.

You will love DTF transfers and I appreciate your patience.