Author Topic: Rutland WB99 Officially Discontinued  (Read 6652 times)

Offline Jepaul

• www.youngonecorporation.com
Re: Rutland WB99 Officially Discontinued
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2020, 03:07:24 PM »
Seems a tad shortsighted by some to completely write off Aquarius.  I haven’t seen anything on this thread specifically talking about any issues with Aquarius.   In fact it’s been quite the opposite from my industry readings regarding Polyone’s new WB line. From my understanding the coloring matching is one of the best in the industry with almost zero adjusting when printing on a white base.

So why aren’t people not even trying the new system?

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2020, 05:11:15 PM »
So why aren’t people not even trying the new system?

According to our distributor, Rutland/Wilflex/Polyone/Avient/etc. won't inform them on what's going on with their standing orders.  That leaves shops like ours unaware of how much supply/time they have with the WB99 system.

A lot of needless stress coming from this, at a most inappropriate time, due to the way this is being handled imo.  I believe all of us have had enough disruption and uncertainty in general this year.  To now be faced with a major shortage of critical product in what is a busy season for many isn't appreciated. 

I'd honestly prefer to move into the IMS with our WB/DC mixes but this is straight up rude the way the transition is being handled.  It tells me to expect more of the same if we stick with them.   

Offline Jepaul

• www.youngonecorporation.com
Rutland WB99 Officially Discontinued
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2020, 05:14:07 PM »
That’s really unfortunate.  Seems to me John or Ray would want to get on this.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 05:16:43 PM by Jepaul »

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2021, 01:29:23 PM »
Nearing the end of our WB-99 Pigments, wondering where everyone else ended up?

It's coming down to CCI or Matsui for us, each their positives and negatives of course.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2021, 02:47:42 PM »
Nearing the end of our WB-99 Pigments, wondering where everyone else ended up?

It's coming down to CCI or Matsui for us, each their positives and negatives of course.

Halfway over to Aquarius.  Still need to work out some details regarding opacity over a discharge base for certain colors but mixes are good so far.  Tinting Matsui bases with them.  Went Wilflex since it's a singular software/workflow for us as we us IMS for plastisol.  Ordering from Midwest and so far they've been just fine as a vendor.

Offline DCSP John

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2021, 11:21:23 AM »
we have Rut  WB pigments here to last a lifetime. But - we couldn't get any mixing white. no where. all gone.
So - we went with the  CCI CMS system. Full shop switch. Definitely different than the rutland WB,
but we will figure it out.   - John

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2021, 11:32:25 AM »
John let me know if you are interested in getting rid of the rutland PCs.........I know that system quite well and could use in my studio
tp

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2021, 01:25:06 PM »
but we will figure it out.

Over the years I've learned that we can make just about anything work. Obviously you want to start with
the best product, but all else being equal things like availability and if the vendor has a sense of humor become more important.

So far we've got one for Aquarius and one for CCI. Anyone else?

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2021, 02:25:10 PM »
So far we've got one for Aquarius and one for CCI. Anyone else?

We are 99% Matsui base and CCI pigments, have been for years. We tried the Aquarius I wanna say like 1-1.5 years ago when it first was coming out, had their sales guy to the shop to walk through what a changeover would look like. For us a good red was problematic and their DC white could not compete. Sales guy agreed and kinda just left us his info if we wanted to change. I'm wondering if they maybe dialed things in a bit more now? They didn't even really officially have a mixing program at that point we could print formulas out with. Has this changed? 

Ordering from Midwest and so far they've been just fine as a vendor.

Have they said anything at all about things changing since they got bought out? We buy nothing from them, and have very little contact with them even though their headquarters is like 7 min from us. So after they got bought we got hit up a lot by them(which was very out of the norm) with a lot of stuff they were clearing out. Just more wondering if since the company that bought them is much more into the sign/digital market if they were going to trim their screen printing offerings?
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2021, 03:35:22 PM »

We are 99% Matsui base and CCI pigments, have been for years.

Any particular reason you don't use the CCI base? We've been using it since inception and have always really liked it.

It's funny to me that everyone is using one companies pigments with another companies base.

Whoever built Midwest's website for them is laughing all the way to the bank.

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2021, 04:11:18 PM »

Any particular reason you don't use the CCI base? We've been using it since inception and have always really liked it.

For us it is much easier to get, plus it seemed to be a bit more vivid. CCI stuff smells WAY better though!

Whoever built Midwest's website for them is laughing all the way to the bank.

Their website 100% mirrors how they run(or did run) their business though if you really think about!
Alex

www.twincitytees.com

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2021, 04:13:16 PM »
I didn't know Midwest was purchased, do you know by who?   Wilflex won't let distros selling other WB PCs sell Aquarius from what I understand.  It'd be just my luck that we'd switch to the Aquarius product and it'd go nla. 

I too have been shocked by the perfectly normal, mostly trouble free service we have received from Midwest, maybe a new leaf is turning?

We used CCI pigs and bases in the past- good stuff.  PC are much less concentrated than WB99 if I recall accurately, makes for easier handing of them but less consistent ink rheology btwn colors. 

It is funny that everyone mixes it up.  We tried to stick to one system but Rutland's bases were never too great for us and it turns out we like the Matsui bases and Whites a lot, they're abt perfect for us.  Wanted to go Matsui PCs here but the combination of a bad reputation for initial formula accuracy and the half finished mixing software pushed us to Wilflex.  I agree they all work fine- availability and workflow are prob much more important than the specific system.  You can always change the base, haha.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 04:17:24 PM by ZooCity »

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2021, 04:21:42 PM »
I didn't know Midwest was purchased, do you know by who?   

Grimco. 99.5% sure they are out of Canada.
Alex

www.twincitytees.com

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2021, 04:54:40 PM »
Huh, doesn't look like Grimco offers any textile supplies.  I guess we'll see how this goes.

Offline Rob Coleman

Rutland WB99 Officially Discontinued
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2021, 06:56:44 PM »
Huh, doesn't look like Grimco offers any textile supplies.  I guess we'll see how this goes.
From my understanding, Grimco can only sell these products - and other primary supplies - out of the legacy MWS locations.

As a side note, the Magna line has made huge impact on sales in the US, Central America, and Mexico in many many customer facilities. Nazdar reps all over; GSG in seven states in the SW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rob Coleman | Vice President
Textile Business Unit | Nazdar SourceOne | sourceone.nazdar.com
(800) 677-4657 ext. 3708 | Cell (678) 230-4463
rcoleman@nazdar.com