Author Topic: Supacolor transfers  (Read 1370 times)

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Supacolor transfers
« on: November 10, 2020, 03:38:43 PM »
I recieved our first order from them with high hopes. Unfortunately it seems they print the white base under everything. The image below, crappy but you can see what is supposed to be black shadowing showing through to the shirt. Unfortunately this $340 order is rejected. Did I miss something? I am fairly certain I went over their art specs well and do not recall any mention of transparencies. Am I correct in assuming everything is backed with white underbase? If so why did they not warn me pre flight of that issue? I will contact them and see what they recommend, not hopeful for a refund or reprint in this case.

Another issue is they require all art to be in CMYK. My problem with that is everything I do past and present is done in spot color. I keep my pantone books up to do date and completely rely on them for good color matching. When I try to switch my color space in Corel to CMYK it looks terrible. Is their a way to match CMYK values to pantone values closely? On this order I simply converted the colors from spot to cmyk letting the graphic software choose whats best and the all but one color seemed to have come out good, one is so far off its ugly.

"No man is an island"

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Supacolor transfers
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2020, 04:27:57 PM »
I recieved our first order from them with high hopes. Unfortunately it seems they print the white base under everything. The image below, crappy but you can see what is supposed to be black shadowing showing through to the shirt. Unfortunately this $340 order is rejected. Did I miss something? I am fairly certain I went over their art specs well and do not recall any mention of transparencies. Am I correct in assuming everything is backed with white underbase? If so why did they not warn me pre flight of that issue? I will contact them and see what they recommend, not hopeful for a refund or reprint in this case.

Another issue is they require all art to be in CMYK. My problem with that is everything I do past and present is done in spot color. I keep my pantone books up to do date and completely rely on them for good color matching. When I try to switch my color space in Corel to CMYK it looks terrible. Is their a way to match CMYK values to pantone values closely? On this order I simply converted the colors from spot to cmyk letting the graphic software choose whats best and the all but one color seemed to have come out good, one is so far off its ugly.
We are using Supacolour too.
They do Pantone colour matches. This is from their FAQ page.
 “ Supacolor’s default print process is CMYK (actually, we run a six-color process that gives  Supacolor transfers more range in the color spectrum). We have the ability to Pantone (PMS) color match. All you need to do is indicate the colors in your order. We do not print RGB files.”

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2020, 04:49:34 PM »
Right off their website "No fades or glows on free-floating art (Use clipping path to make sharp edges)" so yeah, they have the same RIP issue I have...it underbases all colors...
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Online zanegun08

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2020, 05:07:51 PM »
Need to make fades as halftones.  What max LPI they can do would be the real question.

Unfortunately since their system is "automated" and you aren't ordering through a person then this can happen.

With Apex they actually review the art and will kick back changes necessary rather than just running something unintended.

I'd reach out to them and see if they will make it right, that's how you can judge if they will be a good long term partner.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2020, 05:13:24 PM »
I'm just about to place my first order, fingers crossed...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Online zanegun08

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2020, 05:25:09 PM »
Here is one I just produced https://www.instagram.com/p/CHbT0U8hNR3/ turned out great, but is also a rectangle so no complex shapes.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2020, 08:06:11 AM »
Thanks guys, I do not know how I missed that information completely. I made sure to go through the guidelines, I seriously must have blanked out.
"No man is an island"

Offline T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2020, 05:47:32 PM »
We have been killing it with Supra

Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.