Author Topic: Embroidery on pockets  (Read 1166 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Embroidery on pockets
« on: November 24, 2020, 02:04:11 PM »
Had a job come in yesterday that we turn away because the customer needed embroidery on the pocket, did a little research to see how it was done, we really don't get a call for this, but do any of you did this type work and is it worth the time and hassle to upgrade the hoops for it?
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Embroidery on pockets
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2020, 02:13:45 PM »
Special hoops is one thing, not stitch the pocket to the shirt is another. I would never take the risk.
"No man is an island"

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2020, 08:06:25 PM »
Here is the reason it is not possible UNLESS you sew the pocket shut.
On just about embroidery machine I know, of there is the bobbin arm that has to go under the area of embroidery. Given the fact that it is almost impossible to even get the arm into the pocket after hooping let alone get enough slack keep from binding beyond the geometry of the design.

The only way to do this is remove the pocket from the shirt sew it flat and resew it to the shirt.
In general unless the custy is up for sewing the pocket shut through the shirt run like hell from a job like this.

BTY basic rule if you can't fit a standard soft drink can in the pocket and have at LEAST 50% of the can width in slack North , South, East & West of the design it will never work.
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline Pangea

• !!!
  • Jack of all trades, master of none.
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2020, 09:14:10 PM »
Depends on the size of the EMB. Kinda like doing sleeves and we ran those last night (2"x.8" ish)