Author Topic: Christmas rush  (Read 2818 times)

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Christmas rush
« on: December 10, 2020, 11:18:12 AM »
1,800 sherpa blankets hitting our docks tomorrow, not one but two locations! and repackaged. Rush job because an ASI vendor for this company dropped the ball and told them at the 11th hour they could not do the job. Has to be complete by end of next week, we can do it, just have to run extra shifts because we are already slammed with other stuff.

Anyone else having the biggest holiday slam in their history?

Oh and has to be black bobbin thread lol.
"No man is an island"

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Christmas rush
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2020, 01:24:56 PM »
nope

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2020, 01:48:40 PM »
Nope, we are really slow here.  The last few years we've seen a slowdown in Christmas, but January is usually a big month for us.  It's been amazing to watch the shift happen over the course of a few years.

A decade ago our Christmases were insane. 

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2020, 02:06:27 PM »
up from a year ago, but down at least 50% from what we were planning. I guess the shopping spree did not happen this year and the customer talking about $150k worth of orders in december just did not pan out. oh well, not a big deal. we are OK overall so it would have been nice.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2020, 02:19:47 PM »
Nope, we are really slow here.  The last few years we've seen a slowdown in Christmas, but January is usually a big month for us.  It's been amazing to watch the shift happen over the course of a few years.

A decade ago our Christmases were insane.

Leading up to Christmas has always been a crazy month for us, after Christmas it slows down. We expect because of Covid to have a really slow January since our state is in near lock down mode.
"No man is an island"

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2020, 02:25:20 PM »
Yes. Madness. 7 days a week since Thanksgiving not stopping till the the 23rd. Not complaining very very happy and grateful!!!

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2020, 02:35:01 PM »
Busy, more so than last year but not like wildly more busy.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Pangea

• !!!
  • Jack of all trades, master of none.
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2020, 04:43:00 PM »
This is the busiest I've ever been. Only have 2 single heads and they're basically running from when I get in at 9 am to when I leave at 1 am.

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2020, 12:46:04 PM »
year 2020 our sales are 45% down from 2019.

Offline farmboygraphics

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2020, 01:04:57 PM »
Stopped taking orders.
It's been a long time since I've been here alone during the holidays and I'm not going to stress myself out by trying to fill a bunch of last minute orders.
Tees and Coffee

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2020, 02:24:23 PM »
Well when it rains it pours. We had to order 200 North Face Jackets for a broker because he is not authorized to purchase NF, we noticed this through the year we are ordering a lot of NF because so few of us around are able to purchase NF. Now we have a 625 pice sweat shirt job that has to be printed bagged and stickered, another 450 pc blanket order oh and none of that is counting all of our other normal expected stuff.
"No man is an island"

Offline stitches4815

• !!!
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2020, 05:19:26 PM »
We are so slammed that we quit taking orders for Christmas.  No way in hell I'm going to do 16hr days.  I love money like everyone else but not that much.

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2020, 05:20:43 PM »
Yes way smaller than you guys but busier than i have been other years at this time. None are Christmas orfers we stopped taking thst madness years ago.
Guess the TRUMP 2020 signs backfired
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Online Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2020, 06:10:00 PM »
I guess the region you're from makes a little difference.  We are about 60% down from last year.  I've seriously considered driving a truck again.  We have no equipment or bldg payments but the boredom is doing me in.  I know it will get better, that's the only thing keeping me going. 

The only thing positive about this year is that I've had time to do things on our house that I've put off before.  For those that are doing great, I'm proud for you and for the others like me that are skimming by hang in there it will get better.  I hope!!
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline Pangea

• !!!
  • Jack of all trades, master of none.
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2020, 07:20:20 PM »
We (and by "we" I mean me now since my assistant left for a full time job last week) have a somehow successful regional clothing line for our "slow" winter time. Single color print/EMB that says "Baltimore" on it with a design and it sells 15 orders a day consistently. Might sound like small time but for one person it's keeping the shop afloat while we move to our new warehouse.