Author Topic: Christmas rush  (Read 2841 times)

Offline BRGtshirts

Re: Christmas rush
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2020, 10:44:10 PM »
We're surprisingly happy with how busy we are. Typically, slower this time of year but probably will be working up till somewhere in the 22-23. (We normally close production for two full weeks as it's their tradition to take the full two). This year we told them that's not an option, nor would we probably agree to that much vacation time being used right now. Don't have a good read past end of the month though, not sure what January will bring.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2020, 04:00:06 PM »
We're surprisingly happy with how busy we are. Typically, slower this time of year but probably will be working up till somewhere in the 22-23. (We normally close production for two full weeks as it's their tradition to take the full two). This year we told them that's not an option, nor would we probably agree to that much vacation time being used right now. Don't have a good read past end of the month though, not sure what January will bring.

January and the rest of 2021 are a total mystery!
we just bet big time on POD, hoping it does not take too long to get busy with it.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2020, 09:08:32 AM »
We've been slow here, though we've had a lot of new business, as a couple of shops have shut down due to Covid, and even though we're old here, everyone is 55 and up, we're healthy and producing but no, we've had better holiday seasons.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline BP

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2020, 10:56:26 AM »
Busy here is northern Indiana. I think we will be up from last Dec. But yes come Jan cleaning and trying to stay busy.
SHIRT HAPPENS!

Offline Croft

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2020, 11:17:05 AM »
Super busy now and lots of PO's for January, The marketing companies I deal with have had record months in sept/ oct / nov. which was unexpected. But the first 3 months of the newer are up in the air who knows what will happen?

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2020, 01:26:08 PM »
Pierre I agree, I have zero idea how to project any numbers for next year.  We'll see.  Our Jan and Feb the last few years has been great.  Hopefully that holds.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2020, 01:35:51 PM »
Pierre I agree, I have zero idea how to project any numbers for next year.  We'll see.  Our Jan and Feb the last few years has been great.  Hopefully that holds.

hope it does for you!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2020, 01:58:28 PM »

hope it does for you!

pierre

I have been writing non stop quotes today, it's insane...everything is getting pushed to next year. 

Offline BRGtshirts

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2020, 01:04:32 PM »

we just bet big time on POD, hoping it does not take too long to get busy with it.

pierre

Investing in POD.. meaning DTG route , or more fulfillment capabilities? Just curious. You thinking of running front end stores for clients, or somehow doing the decorating & shipping on the backside for them?

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2020, 04:40:47 PM »

pierre

Investing in POD.. meaning DTG route , or more fulfillment capabilities? Just curious. You thinking of running front end stores for clients, or somehow doing the decorating & shipping on the backside for them?

taking orders from stores. we are setting up to be their vendor in shopify. our customers will set up their stores and we will pull the orders, decorate and ship.

we also have some local customers with larger number of orders that will not go through the shopify so we have the csv import also set up.

pierre