Author Topic: Roland DTG  (Read 4227 times)

Offline farmboygraphics

Roland DTG
« on: February 04, 2021, 01:20:08 PM »
Tees and Coffee

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Roland DTG
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2021, 02:55:23 PM »
Has this been talked about and I just missed it?
https://www.rolanddga.com/products/printers/versastudio-bt-12-direct-to-garment-printer

it seems to be missing the white ink, so light garments only.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2021, 03:22:15 PM »
Has this been talked about and I just missed it?
https://www.rolanddga.com/products/printers/versastudio-bt-12-direct-to-garment-printer

it seems to be missing the white ink, so light garments only.

pierre

And a decent print size.

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2021, 05:48:16 PM »
Very low quality entry level machine. No white ink and a very small max print. This is also not a Roland machine but a rebranded machine.

Roland has a new DTG in the works to come out very soon. This will actually be manufactured by them and it will have white ink and be able to print 12 shirts at a time. The machine will be similar to there traditional 54" printers. Production speed should be acceptable but will have a decent price tag attached to it from what I understand. I'm interesting in seeing it in action.

Offline farmboygraphics

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2021, 05:36:00 PM »
I guess the way I look at it is that is doesn't matter if it doesn't print white in, but that it's basically a desktop DTG that any school or group can afford. I'm not worried about losing any of my market as I don't cater to groups that would use it, but someone out these might very well feel it. If you think the end user is going to be concerned about print quality or size...well that's doubtful. Wasn't trying to be an alarmist, just pointing out the obvious. 
Tees and Coffee

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2021, 06:00:34 PM »
Yep looks like the "Cricut" of DTG. As for the limited print size, I'm often surprised how many of the transfers I make are on regular letter sized paper.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?