Author Topic: DTG artist about to get into Screen Printing  (Read 3762 times)

Offline freedomexpressions

• Verified/Junior
  • He who the Son sets free, is free indeed!
DTG artist about to get into Screen Printing
« on: February 09, 2021, 08:26:13 AM »
Good day,
 We have been doing DTG printing for a few years and are building a new shop with a diamondback xl 10/8 press. Looking for real print artists that have real solutions, not the amateur's at most forums. We are starting from scratch with our new building so I have so many questions about equipment and processes. Looking forward to combing this site and talking to the pros!
-Chris

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: DTG artist about to get into Screen Printing
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2021, 08:37:29 AM »
you should check out the "Show Your Stuff" section. That should speak for itself as to the veracity of the community here.

Steve

And of course, welcome, this is a great place with very nice people.
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2021, 09:29:20 AM »
Yep, welcome aboard. You'll probably find yourself in a few sections here.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2021, 10:35:49 AM »
Welcome, you have questions, your in the right place bunch of great people here with tons of experience to share
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2021, 11:15:52 AM »
Good day,
 We have been doing DTG printing for a few years and are building a new shop with a diamondback xl 10/8 press. Looking for real print artists that have real solutions, not the amateur's at most forums. We are starting from scratch with our new building so I have so many questions about equipment and processes. Looking forward to combing this site and talking to the pros!
-Chris

To help you along with some realistic requirements, There are artist out there that can put you in the right position to do very well right out of the gate. Be prepare for them to be looking for good money. Or good money + benefits.

A low end beginner art pay is in the area of $12.00 an hour with no Screen print experience.  You can easily double that for someone (with good experience).   In addition, it’s not a common thing for the artist to be “screen print” savvy also.

It’s way easier to find artist that are good at creating art and making art look good.
A little harder to find a good “screen print artist who is well experienced at making all jobs production friendly. [size=78%]Production ready with less hassle.[/size]

To be excellent at art/design and production art, making your efforts on press less of a head ache, It’s definitely a +.

Then there are those who are experts at design, separations and print production that can get out there on press and print it. Those who are, will also be looking for way more than $24 pr hr. + benefits.  Just to give some perspective.

Most start up shops have a hard time locating a good artist like you are describing (for the pay) that the new shop can really afford.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2021, 12:06:38 PM »
you should check out the "Show Your Stuff" section. That should speak for itself as to the veracity of the community here.

Steve

And of course, welcome, this is a great place with very nice people.

Thanks Steve! I will check it out. Already I love this site.

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2021, 12:14:40 PM »
Thank you all for your words. Getting into the industry has been a blessing to what we do. We help men and women get set free from drugs and alcohol, and this printing company is an avenue to generate funds and jobs for those society labels "unworthy".
@Dottendan, Everything is life comes with a price tag it seems like. When we went into DTG printing, we had art experience and technical experience, but not garment printing. It's been a HUGE learning curve and I see now we've been bit with a passion for the apparel industry. We make walking banners ;)
Having the right guidance in the industry helps, and that's why I'm glad my buddy recommended this site.
Have a great day!
-Chris