Author Topic: Digitizing providers? Who is good?  (Read 2725 times)

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Digitizing providers? Who is good?
« on: April 16, 2021, 02:06:14 PM »
we are thinking about bringing in embroidery and would need somebody to digitize. Would need a quick turnaround and high quality. Not looking for cheapest, but don't want to overpay.

what are the going rates for good quality work?

who do you use?

thanx,

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Digitizing providers? Who is good?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2021, 02:39:58 PM »
JJ Digitizing is good and pretty cheap.  Every once in a while I have to get them to fix something.

Ignition drawing is good as well, but about double the price.

Or just wait 5 minutes for the next telemarketer to call. ;)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2021, 04:04:36 PM »
We hav done women who catches on fast and she does the emb and the digitizing.  She’s better than most, not as good as others but gets a nice job done every time and always improving. I don’t know if it’s just because of her being who she is, or if Digitizing is not that hard to catch onto. You might concider purchasing the digitizing program and let someone on your staff have at it.

Outside of that, I’d rather not see another word about Digitizers. They call here every day 4 times a day.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2021, 04:41:21 PM »
 Quality Punch has been my go to when we need stuff done that I can't do, good price and turn around time ain't bad
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2021, 06:51:50 PM »
Quality Punch has been my go to when we need stuff done that I can't do, good price and turn around time ain't bad

Yes, Quality Punch is the bomb.  Normally, just a day turnaround and sometimes same day. The prices are definitely reasonable. 
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2021, 11:02:25 PM »
Check vitordigitizing.net
Vitor Louis Mendez
Used him years ago he wad grest to work with and did a grest job. He is in S. Carolina i believe
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2021, 02:36:04 AM »
we are thinking about bringing in embroidery and would need somebody to digitize. Would need a quick turnaround and high quality. Not looking for cheapest, but don't want to overpay.

what are the going rates for good quality work?

who do you use?

thanx,

pierre
Really depends as well on the file type you need. We are using only PUlse Pxf files which limits us a little in who we can use.  E.g Vitordigitizing.net, he provides pxf files but has to outsource them to someone else cause he hasn’t got the right software for it. And they were all over the place the digitized files we got of him. I contacted some company in Florida, they do al, the digitizing in house, but no Pulse pxf. Might switch at one point from Tajima software to Wilcom. Not the biggest fan of JJ Digitizing, quality is ok but not great, and too often I have to remind them by email to hurry up.

Offline Maff

• !!!
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2021, 10:34:47 AM »

Yes, Quality Punch is the bomb.  Normally, just a day turnaround and sometimes same day. The prices are definitely reasonable.
Same here, been using Quality Punch for a couple years now Usual turn around time is 1 day or less. Sometimes we need revisions and they come back next day at the latest, if not same day.  But for the most part everything is quality work ready to go with minimal adjustments.  Typical small stuff like front left chest designs or hat design are $26, most revisions are free unless it's a big change.   Also their website is super easy to submit orders too  and you can pick whatever file type you need.  They email finished digitized files with an actual picture of the sew out. And they have automatic payments.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Offline dsh

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2021, 11:18:04 AM »
When I got my first machine, someone on the forum suggested Excellence Punch.  Their emails state :REVISION SERVICES FREE
NOTE! Always check your logo before running on a machine, Otherwise we will not be responsible for any spelling mistakes and missing parts.Our company rule is that if you do not receive your logo within 12 hour so email us.
I sometimes receive submissions the same day.  Always the next day, and revisions come within hours if needed.  I probably don't have the discriminating eye of others, but my customers are quite happy if not impressed.  We only do left chest and hat embroidery, but the cost is always $5.  I never worry about charging for digitizing, even for small quantities because the cost is low.  They are offshore, but have always been prompt.  Monthly billing through paypal.  Email is Excellence Punch <sales@excellencepunch.com>

Offline Pangea

• !!!
  • Jack of all trades, master of none.
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2021, 03:37:36 PM »
SSDigitizing in Austin I believe is great. $20 5" hats and LC with EMB files to resize up a tad in TrueSizer and they allow you to put a rush on with no additional fee. That being said they don't always hit that deadline but are usually pretty close. JJ is comparable and we used them when SS was down for a few days but I like what I know and SS hooked me up with a few edits that they would normally charge for here and there.

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2021, 01:09:17 PM »
I have been using Pro Digitizing. I like them, only thing is they are in Cali, so the timing is off, but we do get next day.