Author Topic: figuring out an OMRON timer  (Read 869 times)

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
figuring out an OMRON timer
« on: February 25, 2021, 12:24:23 PM »
I picked up and old Geo. Knight heat press the other day, a 6" x 6", and of course there is no manual. I have it mostly figured out (I need to solder a wire for a proximity safety switch, easy enough) but after downloading the manual for the timer (Knight doesn't have any help for me on this) I really can't quite figure it out, as the terminology is confusing me a bit. On both the right and left sides of the head, are two black buttons, which I'm guessing lower the head and start the timer. The end of the timing cycle activates the air cylinder that raises the head. On the timer, there are 5 switches, the one on the right chooses the "mode", but for the life of me I can't tell from the manual which mode I should choose, though I kind of think it's A... Anyone willing to look over the pdf I have of the timer and clue me in?

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: figuring out an OMRON timer
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2021, 01:03:42 PM »
Hard to say without knowing how it's wired, but it looks like you want mode E, interval.

Not gonna harm anything by trying it out though. You probably know, but you'll likely
have to press both buttons at once, a simple safety feature.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: figuring out an OMRON timer
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2021, 07:58:30 AM »
Thanks, after reading it over a few times it finally made some sense. Onward and upward...

Steve

OK, I got it working. Had a little trouble getting the timer to reset, but found a loose wire that was supposed to be connected to the common, and it wasn't, connected it, and all is good. Knight told me they were discontinued about 20 years ago. Thanks again for the help.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 08:00:39 AM by Sbrem »
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't