Author Topic: WHO OWNS THE ART?  (Read 2954 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
WHO OWNS THE ART?
« on: April 03, 2011, 05:24:46 PM »
Post your (free) art request here. Copyrights must be owned by the person giving or trading. No clip art (in whole or in part) can be traded, loaned, posted for download or given to another person. Purchasing a clip art package does not give the buyer "copyright ownership" of the art. It only provides you with the ability to use it for as long as you like (for your own business).

WHO OWNS THE ART:
You must have created the art yourself...or have paid an employee to create it for your own company.
Paying a freelancer does not grant ownership of art that you paid for. You must have negotiated payment and paid in full, agreed to full and complete right to the art for that price, the artist has then provided documentation that the art has been transferred over to you before you actually have ownership.

This website Theshirtboard (TSB.com) will not be held liable for copyright infringement. Use at your own risk/discretion.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 12:25:50 PM by Dottonedan »
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline virgil427

Re: WHO OWNS THE ART?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 06:22:09 PM »
Funny thing dan i checked out a different site today to see if it was still there and theres somebody wanting to trade copys of thier clirart for copys of your clipart. Dont these people read the trademark agreement, wonder how they would react if they saw their stuff being traded.there was a long rant about the present name of this site but they let trade mark protected property be traded go figure

Offline Fluid

• !!!
  • Keep the Ink Moving... Stay Corelian My Friends!
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 06:01:56 PM »
Dont these people read the trademark agreement,
Apparently not or they just do not care.

wonder how they would react if they saw their stuff being traded.

I am sure they would be bitching and or trying to bash the person and or company or even further trying to go for legal action. 

Don't screw me but I can do what ever I want, when ever I want attitude. 

People Suck, LOL
Richard
--Fluid       www.fluiddsn.com Graphic Designs, Color Separations & Film Output 15+ years Industry Experience - CorelDRAW MasterĀ® 

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 06:51:58 PM »
At the time, I was both amazed at that guy's brashness, and that the owner of that particular forum didn't seem to care that he was helping folks cheat and steal.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Chadwick

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 07:18:02 PM »