Author Topic: Auto Reclaimers for 2021 and beyond  (Read 3197 times)

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
Auto Reclaimers for 2021 and beyond
« on: April 04, 2021, 12:41:45 PM »
Finally about to pull the trigger on something, with the EcoTex at the top of the list, but not a for sure without seeing whats out there.  All the research on these in this forum are years old, I am looking for opinions now that you guys have had the units for a while.  What has improved?  What still sux?  Which one is cost effective?  Any help appreciated.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Auto Reclaimers for 2021 and beyond
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2021, 07:35:12 PM »
We are very limited in space, means a 3 chamber auto reclaim unit might not fit in our current space. I did however look at the Inpro Combi-Eco a one chamber unit. Best solution for our shop. Still have to apply chemicals manually but all pressure washing and rinsing is fully automated.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dqv-PvhTzJU&ab_channel=InproHolland

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2021, 09:31:14 PM »
there is a used M&R unit on digitsmith right now. It does not seem like there is a huge difference in performance between them.
We have the IT the uses dip tanks are pretty happy with it. What used to take full day is now done in an hour and a half or two at most. The screens look very good and every now and then if there is an issue we just run it through the cycle again. Flood rinse at the end. We also stopped using the mesh prep and everything is working fine.
Chemistry from IT seems to be significantly better than anything else we tried, but that would make sense since it was designed for their equipment. Other stuff was foaming or creating deposits in the lines and filters.
I think the advantage of the dip tank system is that it gives the emulsion remover time to work rather than being blasted few seconds after application.
You are welcome to stop by and check it out. Matt, our production manager will know a lot more about it, I am just telling you what he told me.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2021, 01:22:21 AM »
there is a used M&R unit on digitsmith right now. It does not seem like there is a huge difference in performance between them.
We have the IT the uses dip tanks are pretty happy with it. What used to take full day is now done in an hour and a half or two at most. The screens look very good and every now and then if there is an issue we just run it through the cycle again. Flood rinse at the end. We also stopped using the mesh prep and everything is working fine.
Chemistry from IT seems to be significantly better than anything else we tried, but that would make sense since it was designed for their equipment. Other stuff was foaming or creating deposits in the lines and filters.
I think the advantage of the dip tank system is that it gives the emulsion remover time to work rather than being blasted few seconds after application.
You are welcome to stop by and check it out. Matt, our production manager will know a lot more about it, I am just telling you what he told me.

pierre
Excuse my lack of knowledge but what or who is "IT"?

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2021, 06:36:34 AM »
EcoTex is 22 weeks out FYI
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2021, 08:05:23 AM »

pierre

Image Technologies
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2021, 08:12:06 AM »

pierre

Image Technologies

Whats the cost on their system?

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2021, 08:23:01 AM »

pierre

Image Technologies

We bought used, so not sure. But either 50 or 60k.
Piere

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2021, 08:42:28 AM »

pierre

Image Technologies

Piere

New or used price?

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2021, 08:57:08 AM »

pierre

Image Technologies

Piere

New or used price?

new. we paid about $20 installed with a short warranty for a used one (from third party).
The new price is in the ballpark when compared to others. Some might be cheaper, there are definitely more expensive ones.
What I do't know is if the freight and install are included in that price.
Also, this is a BIG unit! I think it's 16 feet wide. Could be more.
here's the link
http://www.imagetechnology.com/equipmentdetail/specialty-washing-systems/swr-series-side-loading/

we have the 300, it washes 4 at a time. the smaller 250 does 2 at a time.

pierre

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2021, 01:03:21 PM »
We just bought a used Dane unit that is in the process of being refurbish by Interchange. I think it's the 125 (not the compact unit). Retail on a new one is round $90k. It's suppose to do the whole process... we shall see. I sure hope it works better that the kid doing them now :)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 02:48:14 PM by 1964GN »

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2021, 01:50:28 PM »
We have a Lotus Holland sitting here waiting to get installed- chamber 1 ink cleaner, chamber 2 emulsion stripper, chamber 3 press wash. 

I purchased in a bit of a rush late last year and went with it since it was: inline, separate chambers for ink & emulsion, self contained, simple, same service network as our auto presses, fits in the space we need it, keeps shop owners happy from those I spoke with, etc.  I had done some deeper research on auto reclaim years ago but didn't update myself on what was fresh before buying. 

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2021, 02:29:53 PM »

WOW, I was told 16 weeks!  Still LONG!

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2021, 03:08:21 PM »

$18.5k and you can have one now! comes with a drum of chemicals which is $1,500 or so.
http://www.digitsmith.com/m-r-screen-washer-reclaimer-77452.html

pierre

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2021, 04:56:29 PM »

$18.5k and you can have one now! comes with a drum of chemicals which is $1,500 or so.
http://www.digitsmith.com/m-r-screen-washer-reclaimer-77452.html

pierre

Thats the old version with all the problems.