Author Topic: I Image streaks  (Read 683 times)

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
I Image streaks
« on: May 24, 2021, 09:13:13 AM »
What the hell is causing this? See pic below, happens on every screen we print now. Been cleaning the heads and wipers often, making sure nothing is hitting the head, no tape no built up emulsion nothing. Its like the print head is leaking a little bit while printing

"No man is an island"

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: I Image streaks
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2021, 09:58:43 AM »
What the hell is causing this? See pic below, happens on every screen we print now. Been cleaning the heads and wipers often, making sure nothing is hitting the head, no tape no built up emulsion nothing. Its like the print head is leaking a little bit while printing

You can call M&R techs phone support 847-410-3500 and email them a picture to the address of the Tech when they call.

Does it get applied in random places or is it consistently in that same location?

A tell tale sign is that it’s only on that one spot (in this picture) and would indicate that there is a human hair, a clump, some tape, a smashed spider/bug, a sticky booger of some sort (in one location) on the side and at bottom of the print head plate.   If it happens always at the same location of the screen, (top right, 3rd qtr) of the screen, this tells me it’s not on the Side of the head plate (since it would be all down the side.

We use to see this for a short time when I started and we were nailing down the negative pressure settings for a new ink. This would happen when the inks negative pressure was a hair too low...and you would see occasional drips that run horizontally across the screen. But you would see this all across the screen with drops of ink in alignment with head movement. That would be addressed by adjusting neg pressure.  This is not the case these days, especially since you’ve been running for how long now with no issues?  NO,  this is a Newley introduced issue. Like a bug that got smashed or something.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2021, 10:04:54 AM »

You can call M&R techs phone support 847-410-3500 and email them a picture to the address of the Tech when they call.

Does it get applied in random places or is it consistently in that same location?

A tell tale sign is that it’s only on that one spot (in this picture) and would indicate that there is a human hair, a clump, some tape, a smashed spider/bug, a sticky booger of some sort (in one location) on the side and at bottom of the print head plate.   If it happens always at the same location of the screen, (top right, 3rd qtr) of the screen, this tells me it’s not on the Side of the head plate (since it would be all down the side.

We use to see this for a short time when I started and we were nailing down the negative pressure settings for a new ink. This would happen when the inks negative pressure was a hair too low...and you would see occasional drips that run horizontally across the screen. But you would see this all across the screen with drops of ink in alignment with head movement. That would be addressed by adjusting neg pressure.  This is not the case these days, especially since you’ve been running for how long now with no issues?  NO,  this is a Newley introduced issue. Like a bug that got smashed or something.

Calling M&R when I have time, to busy right now with Monday fires and orders. It is not anything on the plate or print nozzles. Cleaned it several times. It is always random and you can see it starts as a small drop that gets spread across the screen. Thats why I think it looks like it is leaking. It is even worse on a test print.
"No man is an island"

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2021, 10:18:57 AM »
Heads up,  they will want multiple (clearly focused pictures) and also close ups of the bottom of the head plate on all sides.  Just use your phone, with a light when you move it under the keyboard area (like when you clean the head plates.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850